As promised here is my review of the G0490X jointer from grizzly. In a word....Outstanding!
In a few more words....Lets start with assembly. Not bad but a couple of the 8 bolts that hold the jointer to the stand were in some tight spots for my hands, the wifey came out and gave me a hand (literally) and she was able to get hers in there easier. After that came mounting the motor, as others here have said about this its tough on the back. I held it in place while the wife started the bolts. The rest went fine with no trouble spots.

Setup: Basically guys there wasnt much to do here, no kidding. I checked everything out and the only adjustments I had to make was the outfeed table was set a hair low. No problems there either.

Fence: Not crazy about the fence really. It locks down tight and stays put getting it there is kind of a flim flam thing. When you release the locking lever you then pull out a positive stop and move the fence angle with another lever. Holding that lever and your square and then try to tighten the locking lever is kind of a juggling act. Not the best design Ive ever seen.
All that aside and although that part sounded bad its not that big of a deal just something that could have been better I feel.

Fit and Finish: I think its excellent. I do have the ability to compare directly to Jet, Powermatic and I personally just could never in a million years justify the extra cost for either one compared to the Grizzly. I inspected a PM and dont let anyone fool you there were casting flaws and shady areas on them just like the Grizzly. Areas that could have been filed or polished smoother for a better finish. None of the three are beyond flaws in fit and finish. None of this affects the performance in any way its just something that I noticed about all three.

Performance: Well here again I test drove a Jet and a Powermatic and again I feel I would have been a fool to spend all that extra money. I could not see a difference in the finish cut of any of these machines that would make me go "ok Im going to double my money". Its just not there. This jointer is smooth and easy and cuts through cherry and oak like butter. The spiral cutterhead is a Godsend and makes a nice whirring sound instead of the usual noise associated with a jointer.

Overall: I couldnt be happier! I had budgeted for a PM originally and Im glad I saved my money and got the Grizz, its all I will ever need in an 8" jointer and Ive got a little extra cash now to buy something else for the shop if I want to. Hope this is helpful to anyone shopping for a new jointer!!

Jim