Thread: Looking for DC canisters

Looking for DC canisters

I can't get mine clean enough anymore. Time for 2 new ones.

The best price I can find on these is $213.00 from Woodworkers Shop (woodworkersshop.com)

Anyone find anything better or cheaper. Amazon's price is $300.00+ !!!

Thanks.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Wynn Environmental filters

I just sold my DC-1200C but had I needed to replace my filter I probably would have gone with a Wynn filter. They aren't as easy to mount as the 4 thumbscrews that the Jets have. You may be able to rig up an easier mounting method. They also don't have the paddles, but it may be possible to remove the paddles from your old Jet filter and mount them in the Wynn filter. There is a link on their website showing how to add a custom paddle also. A lot more work is involved but they are cheaper.

Wynn?

Hi Mitchell

Do you know about the wynn spun bond filters? Their site appears to be down right now but they offer 2 filters suitable for non-cyclone dust collectors. They have a paper/spun bond blend for less money--I think around $80 and a 100% spun bond for around $135. Not certain about these prices but should be close. The useful thing about the more expensive filter is that in addition to being more durable, it can be washed. When it gets too plugged up, take it outside and turn the hose on it. I haven't had to do that yet, beating on it and compressed air has worked so far. The down side is there is no built in flapper mechanism. Some people have rolled their own-there was a recent thread on woodnet-but nothing out of the box.

HTH

Curt

Try Penn State. They sell one that I considered for my 1 1/2HP Delta system that is the 20" model. I eventually went with the OEM Delta canister that I got a local tool store to order for me.

Not an option. I'd have to do waaaay too much work to get outside.

Penn State has them for $179.00 plus $25.00 S&H - X2. Not bad, but for 2.... $.

A few more refills like this and I could have a cyclone system nearly paid for. Hmmm... They still use filters though.

Gotta bite the bullet.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Check on Grizzley. I bought my 20" canister for $149 with paddles.

If you use a baffle designed by Phil Thien inside your DC, you won't need the flapper. I have a Jet DC1200 with a Wynn canister and don't use my flapper anymore. The baffle is a must have. It works great keeping the canister from clogging. Search the Creek for threads on it, there's been alot of discussion about it.

David