Thread: Creeker meeting

Creeker meeting

I know, I know no pictures didn't happen. Well the wife had to go to Denver to finish up the paperwork and sign some that relieved her of any financial responsibilities and responsibilities as the medical care giver, executor and power of Attorney that she was in charge of for her dad.

Well can't get by going to Denver without hitting Woodcraft. They were turning pens for the troops there. We didn't have as much time as I would have liked but I did get to meet Ron Ainge. We had a great chat and was nice to put a name with a face. It was really nice meeting some of the guys that were turning. Hopefully I will have some time to go out more often.

Oh and you will have to take my word for it but I walked out of Woodcraft $290 poorer but felt pretty rich after meeting some of the folks there.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Bernie,

If you scan in a picture of the receipt, and post a picture of it, we'll take your word on the rest of the story!

Congrats! Ron sure gave me a lot encouragement when I first started turning. He's on my list of folks I'd like to meet.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Better GLOAT more

Bernie, what did you walk out of the store with? Or did you just leave the money on the counter. LOL

O
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Ditto on the Creeker meeting!

Bernie, It sounds like you had a good time meeting a fellow creeker, and spending some cash on goodies too! I did my first demo this last Sunday and had a couple of creekers from here in Wisconsin stop by.

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Bernie - congrats on getting to meet some fellow Creekers - but photos would have been nice! Curious - what did you spend $290 on? Pen blanks?
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I was selling pens once somewhere, and a woman stopped to look at them. We talked a bit, and she said something that rang a bell to me. When I asked if she were Ron Ainge's wife, she looked shocked and then admitted she was.
    Sometimes the world seems small.
    Joe

Congrats Bernie!

It IS great to meet and greet a fellow creeker. It makes for a great day and is a nice interlude and connection to our hobby passion.
    Bob

Thanks all. Well I got two straight skews of which one was oval. Ed Davidson aka YoYo Spin from Colorado Springs showed me how to sharpen these for doing acrylic bottle stoppers with the flowers embedded. I got a hold down for my drill press and a pound of shellac. I also walked out with a arm load of wood they had on special. Two wall street II click pens and two slimline click pens. They seem to be my best seller right now. I got one 3 X 3 X 24 maple. I got 2 of each 2 X 2 X 24 Bubinga, Yellowheart, Purpleheart, and Bocote. I have got a bunch of mini birdhouses to make by Thanksgiving for the Arts Gallery. She wants to decorate a whole tree with my ornaments, bells and mini birdhouses. Oh and I almost forgot several blanks for bottle stoppers. Now I just need some time to get this all done in less than 2 weeks plus get some clocks repaired inbetween time.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Blog Entries
    I love Creeker meetings. (pictures or not)
    Have a Nice Day!

Congrats on your "alleged meeting!"
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Well I guess that I will have to back up Bernie’s creeker meeting and say that it was nice to put a face to someone that is active on a spot that I visit. We had a very good chat and I went away with a very good opinion of this man.

If he had not got back on and explained what he had bought I was going to tell you all that I sold him all of the pens we turned for the troupes (not really). I spent all day at Woodcraft teaching people to turn pens as well as doing a few of my own when time permitted. We had 8 mini lathes going all day and turned 139 pens for the troupes. We have another 100 to turn this Thursday night, but that should not take as long because all of the people that will turn that night are seasoned turners and can knock out a slim line in a couple of minutes.

Best wishes to Bernie and his lovely wife.

Ron