Thread: Norm's Tall Case Clock (2rd Esp)Pics

Norm's Tall Case Clock (2rd Esp)Pics

Well, this weekend made alittle more progress on the clock.I did change up the plans alittle.I did not like the butt joint of the sides meeting the face frame using biscuits per Norms plans.I did change it to acouple of rabbt joints instead.Letting it proud by about 32rd.After removing the clamps I use a flush trimming bit to bring the face frame flush w/ the sides.The 3rd pic shows the rabbt joint and it almost disapears and the 4th pics shows my poor planing.But I did change the dowel peg to an oak peg.Maybe by this coming weekend I will be ready to start fuming,more pics to come.thanks for looking---Carroll
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Carroll. I like the Powermatic 100 in the background, I have been keeping my eye open for one.

Where did you get the movement from? The first place that came up through a google search had all of the parts for about $550.

Carroll,
    What did you do about the fumed finish problem? Is this the same clock?
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Fuming Problems

Sorry about not posting the results guys.Ben,we order the works from Klock Kits,and your right on it was over 500.00.Dewey,after posting the problems I was having with the wood being a darker color on one side and on the grills a responder stated that I may have pick up afew pieces of red oak.Well I went to HD and made another flat panel door w/red oak frames and white oak panel and fumed it the same amount of time.The results were no wheres close to the other wood.Dewey the clock side was as dark as walnut and it look good,just not the color I was shooting for.Well since this clock is for the brother-inlaw and he finance it,he choose to just keep it as is.Next time I will purchase QSWO long enought to cut 6"off of each piece and fume the pieces so I can tell which wood to reject.I did love the color of the WO,it was fantastic.This is another lesson that I have learned the hard way.Please post some pics of the Morris chairs.Thanks guys---Carroll

Good job Carroll. Thanks for response. I ma guessing I will be the next to member of the group build to post completed chair and I may be the only one fuming it. God, I will cry if it doesn't work!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Fuming

I feel your pain--If mistakes would count as college credit,I would have my masters and never set foot in the class rm. Carroll