Thread: Smokin Guitar

Smokin Guitar

Number 1 son (we have four) decided it would be cool to engrave the back of his guitar.

The you tube video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pQnhB5Jink

I faded the sections together to speed it up.

David
    PLS 3.60, CorelDraw X4, Full Adobe Maser Suite (oh yeah), 3ds Max, 6 Dell 690 Work Stations (and a host of other hardware).

Does that affect the resonance of the body? Or is it an electric? I love the look of the wings, looks like you've got a 2nd gen. laserhead there!

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

settings

Dave,
    What settings are you burning that at? Looks fantastic! Did you run a fist past? It appears in the video that there's already the wings on the guitar first, then the stark white line... hope that makes sense.
    Have you had any issue with bubbling, flare ups etc due to the varnish? Does you system run an air assist?
    Thanks for posting, thanks in advance for answering all my questions.
    "Lasers, not just for evil overloads anymore!"

Awwww.....we don't get to see the finished product........

How long did the whole thing take to do?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Gat View Post
    Dave,
    What settings are you burning that at? Looks fantastic! Did you run a fist past? It appears in the video that there's already the wings on the guitar first, then the stark white line... hope that makes sense.
    Have you had any issue with bubbling, flare ups etc due to the varnish? Does you system run an air assist?
    Thanks for posting, thanks in advance for answering all my questions.
    The white is burning the laquer coating off (partially), He had already made an earlier pass very lightly.
    The pass you are seeing in the video is at 85% power 100% speed I think.
    My no-son-good-in-law (that's a joke, he's a really good guy) was running the power.

The reason we didn't show the end result is he tried to run it again and stopped halfway through the burn cause it was going too deep.

He ended up putting gold rub-n-buff in it.

It didnt really affect the sound of the guitar at all.

David
    PLS 3.60, CorelDraw X4, Full Adobe Maser Suite (oh yeah), 3ds Max, 6 Dell 690 Work Stations (and a host of other hardware).