Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any thoughts on the PRL-V2 Router Lift?

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
    I was looking at the PRL when I got the announcement about the new one. I inquired about it for my model (5625, not listed for the new one).

Still not available so I will have a while before I buy a lift.

Randal, I believe they are offering inserts for the 5625 now... check out their site.

D

2. Brian,

I am curious as to the explanation to being able to get a discount on the PRl-V2 vie web.

I am going to be buying on in the next couple of days if I can get a good price, best I have is from a 2nd chance offer the the auction site of 269 plust 17 S/H for about 287.00. no where near the 200 you explain. Can you help me out?

I have looked at the Pinnacle (same thing at woodcraft) the incra and the woodpecker. Both Pinnacle and woodpecker are twist rings and incra is a drop in. I hear the arguemnts for both, I do not have either ring now so open to both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bastian View Post
    Brian,

I am curious as to the explanation to being able to get a discount on the PRl-V2 vie web.

I am going to be buying on in the next couple of days if I can get a good price, best I have is from a 2nd chance offer the the auction site of 269 plust 17 S/H for about 287.00. no where near the 200 you explain. Can you help me out?

I have looked at the Pinnacle (same thing at woodcraft) the incra and the woodpecker. Both Pinnacle and woodpecker are twist rings and incra is a drop in. I hear the arguemnts for both, I do not have either ring now so open to both of them.
    On eBay there is a seller stuff*too*sell . I pre-ordered a Milwaukee 5625 version from him. He listed it special for me as Buy-It-Now so I could take advantage of the MS Cash Back deal. Find one of his items and e-mail him your questions.

If you need more details PM me.

Mike

Scott,
    Mike is correct. I ordered it from that guy on ebay and was able to get free shipping and the 25% microsoft cashback, which puts it at just under $210. Be aware though, you have to use the "buy it now" feature and use paypal to make the payment. Take a look in the Deals & Discounts forum for specifics on this cashback program.

Oh, I just thought of it to - if you're in a hurry for it, this may not be for you. I bought mine on Oct 31st and am still waiting for it. In fact, I'm going to email him today and see when it might be shipping. Fortunately, I'm in no rush and I'll wait for free shipping.
    Last edited by Brian Effinger; 11-20-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added info
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Thumbs up

Fellas, I am in the process of communicating with the ebay seller and making this thing happen. Thanks for all the explinations for the noob!

I just purchased a peachtree castiron router table from the Costa Mesa wood show in CA a couple of weeks ago and this will make what I hope to be the best router table. I plan on adding this to the right end of my Delta Unisaw that has the 52 inch fence. I was able to score a deal at the show on a new PC 7518 router for 275 less a 40 dollar rebate ($235 total cost).

I will check the availability of the lift and post my findings.... thanks again

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Glenn, wait until those threads get gummed up with dust...that screw gun will be crying and I hope it quits before any cross-threading might result. Do you have the 32 tpi or 16 tpi PRL?
    I've got the16tpi and with the lower cabinet DC it stays spooky-clean in there ;-) The little screw gun runs pretty slow. I have heard of folks doing this routine with a drill motor and having "incidents" .
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Sorry to be so late with this. I am proud user of the new PRL Lift. The thumbwheel is what caught my eye. Fine adjustment is necessary no matter what lift you use...and the new PRL does that well. I installed it along with Woodpecker's large router table top.

Here is the story...more pages coming soon. http://www.woodshopdemos.com/woodpk-rtrtab-1.htm
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

8. Well thanks to this forum and your great help, I was able to order the Woodpecker PRL-V2 with the MS rebate and Ebay. Leroy at 'stuff to sell' on ebay was a great help and made it all happen.

I was told it will ship tomorrow from woodpecker and is available!

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lucas View Post
    Sorry to be so late with this. I am proud user of the new PRL Lift. The thumbwheel is what caught my eye. Fine adjustment is necessary no matter what lift you use...and the new PRL does that well. I installed it along with Woodpecker's large router table top.

Here is the story...more pages coming soon. http://www.woodshopdemos.com/woodpk-rtrtab-1.htm

Now why didn't they make that thing gold to match their other accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goetzke View Post
    Now why didn't they make that thing gold to match their other accessories
    Probably, just to make it easy for people to identify which version they had.

I am kind of surprised they didn't make it red like the rings, but it probably cost more.

The silver stays flatter over time than the gold....

kidding....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks for the review, John. It was nice to see it in action. And Scott, if your's is getting shipped tomorrow, then I think I'll send him an email tonight asking for a shipping date. Waiting for this thing has been like waiting for Christmas.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.