Thread: And There was Light -- Nearing the end of construction.

Talking And There was Light -- Nearing the end of construction.

Well, the florescent lights have been installed, all the electrical switches and plugs are in. All that's left are a few "touch up" things to be done including an extension of the driveway before final inspection. It won't be long now.

The shop end will be well lit with 32 4 foot t8s.

Shop-Garage Flo Lights.jpg

While I'm waiting for the last items to be finished I decided to get busy painting the interior. This week I got the primer done.

Here's a picture of me painting the ceiling.

Shop-Garage Me Painting.jpg

I still haven't decided on what to do with the floor. There is enough laminate flooring left over from the house to install under my workbench area down by the windows. I'm well over budget so I don't have the money for epoxy.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Looking great Don! You are on the home stretch now.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Wow...whatta nice space!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Congratulations ... you're taking it to the finish line! Looks great!
    Duane McGuire

Your're getting there Don! Really looking good. Can't wait to see the tools rolling in. Thanks for the update! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Your're getting there Don! Really looking good. Can't wait to see the tools rolling in. Thanks for the update! Jim.
    Thanks Jim. I still don't see the tools rolling in very soon. SWMBO needs to make a decision on the flooring and we have to figure out how we're going to move the major equipment down to the new shop. I was hoping to make the move the week after Thanksgiving. Our plans have had to chance since I'll be out of town the whole Thanksgiving weekend at dog shows in Arizona. The move may be delayed until she has her Winter Break at school. By then we'll have weather to consider as well because we'll be getting into the rainy months for Southern California. I'm really in no hurry to make the move either.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps