Thread: Carving tutorials

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Carving tutorials

As many of you know, I teach beginning "Carving for Furniture" courses at Woodcraft. So, in six hours, I have to teach someone about carving tools, sharpening, AND get them to finish a carving project. Sometimes I think of it as "speed carving".

If there's an interest, I'll post some tutorials on the beginning projects. I just wonder if there's an interest in beginning carving projects. Additionally, I want to know if people are just going to just look at the pictures or whether they're going to try the projects.

So post here and let me know if you'd be interested in some tutorials on beginning carving projects and whether you'd commit to doing the carving and posting a picture your work here.

If people are interested, I'll post a picture of a finished project and ask for at least three people to commit to carving it and showing their work. If I get three commitments I'll do the tutorial - if not, I won't.

The projects would all be flat, relief carvings intended for furniture decoration - no "in the round" stuff.

Mike

[I'm always interested in ideas for new carving projects so if you have something that could be a beginning project, please let me know. I need to keep my classes fresh.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 10-26-2008 at 8:27 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.