Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cordless drill ,screw driver

Panasonic 15.9

I have been using the Panasonics for about 6 years and the 2 that I own have seen some pretty rugged use! They have been dropped from 20 ft and keep on going. One is finally getting a little loose in the clutch but it still drills to beat the band! They are compact and balanced and very powerful at 15.9 volts on a NmiH battery. I have snapped a lot of screws off with them when not paying attention! So they get my vote! I think the have a 12 volt set with a impact driver and drill, not sure of the price.
    I like the looks of the Makita black and whites so maybe for Christmas!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

I just picked up a Hilti SID 144-A. It is super light and I use it every single day. One thing I love is the battery indicator lights on the back. You always know how much battery is left.

It is a little spendy, but I am hoping it will last the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I just keep looking at the Ridgid 2 pack 12v for $129. I'm not normally a Ridgid fan but they have been doing some good things lately and this comes with the LSA. No impact but I rarely drive screws that way in the shop anyway; outside maybe, but not in the shop and I have larger tools for outdoors.
    Last winter, I bought the single drill with two batteries for $103. Recently, when I saw the two pack, I bought it also. The two pack is cheaper than just two replacement batteries and charger.

Talking

I also have been trying to choose between many good options for a light drill for woodworking. I prefer using separate drivers (currently Bosch Liteon 10.8V series), but I figure the drill ought to be as good as I can get as long as it is cordless, and weighs less than 4 lbs. And since I am planning on sticking with it for 5+ years the price really is not a primary factor. I had almost decided on the Festool C12, when I saw this one:
    http://tinyurl.com/6lu3gh
    I will try to get my hands on one when I go to Europe at the end of the month. If I really like how it feels I need to decide if I want to bring one with me or wait for 1+ year for it to show up in the US market. Well, I have 5 drills now so maybe I can get by...

And yes... for me the tools are the most fun part of woodworking...
    I'm not even ashamed to admit.

Pete