Thread: Woodmaster W-2600 Question

Woodmaster W-2600 Question

I have a Woodmaster Drum Sander about 25 years old which I purchased used. I believe it needs new coverings for the two feed rollers but I do not know how to put it on. It is a coarse sandpaper. These rollers cannot be turned by hand so am wondering if there is a way to put the new sandpaper on without tearing the whole machine apart. Does anyone have this sander? Do you have a manual? I have called Woodmaster but they can't give me any information about it. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

lavonne,
    I have a 2640....I don't know how close this is to yours .

My manual says to take a 2" x 77" bit of paper lower the bed and simply roll it on.
    It also says "1 1/2 turns of filament tape should be applied at the ends.

my machine is variable speed so i'd try to slow it right down ...failing that I'd unhook the drive motor and try to turn it on that way.

Good luck.

Answer to Woodmaster question

Thanks for your reply. I think you have given me the answer I needed. What grit sandpaper do you use? There is a company that sells sandpaper in rolls but I can't think of the name of it. Do you know? Thanks again for your help.

Lavonne,
    I've been using klingspor
    www.klingspor.com

I have 80 grit on the feed rollers

Woodmaster use to sell the paper as well....but has been a while since I bought anything from them, so that might have changed.

Alister.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavonne Swiggum View Post
    I have a Woodmaster Drum Sander about 25 years old which I purchased used. I believe it needs new coverings for the two feed rollers but I do not know how to put it on. It is a coarse sandpaper. These rollers cannot be turned by hand so am wondering if there is a way to put the new sandpaper on without tearing the whole machine apart. Does anyone have this sander? Do you have a manual? I have called Woodmaster but they can't give me any information about it. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
    There are set screws you can loosen to enable you to roll them by hand.

I recently replaced my feed roller sandpaper. I used Klingspor. Woodmaster no longer sells it.