Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's? (and gloat)

Weekend doin's? (and gloat)

Hello everyone,

I am posting this early as my weekend starts.............now! We are getting ready to head to the airport to catch a plane to Philly and then a drive to Cape May, NJ. Our youngest daughter graduates from Coast Guard basic tomorrow. Not that we're proud parents or anything, but a vacation in Cape May seemed appropriate.

So whats up in your world this weekend?

Have a great weekend everyone,
    Bob

watching the FA cup final Saturday morning then...........driving to San Jose getting ready to drive back to Arizona............boring....stay safe out there

GCWA (Gulf Coast Woodturners Association) annual retreat this weekend near Conroe, Tx. Should be fun. Food, friends, and especially looking forward to the hat turning sessions...

Now, if I can only make it through one more day of this inconvenient and annoying work thing

Cheers,
    Brad
    Last edited by Brad Schmid; 05-21-2004 at 8:38 AM.

Bob, it should be lovely in Cape May...one of the best places for birders around, too. Congrats on your daughter's graduation! (Welcome to the neighborhood, too...)

My weeked should be similar to last week. A little grass care. A little landscaping/gardening. Some time in the shop working on the new buffet project as well as some spinny action if I'm lucky. And a little time spent getting to know the new Nikon D70 Digital SLR I've upgraded to...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Talking

I'll be working on the Kitchen Cabinets with my Brother-In-Law on Saturday (making face frames with all that Birch I have been processing). Sunday we are having the kids over for dinner. I am going to enlist my son to help me get the lawn tractor in the air so I can grease the stuff underneath!
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Ssdd

Yard work, yard work and yard work.

Maybe some shop time, but not counting on it.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Toyls, Toyls, and More toyls. Long punch list in and out.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Well, after ""*($#*@*%$) today, it looks like I am going to have to work Saturday. Let's just say it's expensive when you bury a 60' articulating boom lift in the mud to the frame and need a winch-out. Sunday is church, perhaps a short nap, then softball practice #2. First game is the First. I was just hoping I could locate some 12/4 ash before then (although last year's hickory bat is still holding up well, but I want to try turning something a little lighter ), but I don't know if I'll have the time.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Congrats, Bob!

I have to do some PMs at a local medical center on Saturday. That afternoon I'm going to a funeral for co-worker of my wifes. Saturday evening and maybe Sunday evening I need to trim out the outswing door on my storage shed.

Have a good weekend!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bob,

Congratulations to your daughter, and of course to her proud parents. Have a wonderful time.

- Ed

I hope to have the sofa all glued up and ready for the upholsterer.Way too long on this project.

Bob
    bob m

Congrats! I have to work Saturday morning, but Saturday nite I am off to see the drag races in Denton, Tx with the car club. One of our guys just traded his '56 Chevy wagon for a '62 Chevy ll SS and the other got a two owner 1969 396 3-door Suburban that was a former ambulance. Should be a fun outting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Bob, it should be lovely in Cape May...one of the best places for birders around, too. Congrats on your daughter's graduation! (Welcome to the neighborhood, too...)

My weeked should be similar to last week. A little grass care. A little landscaping/gardening. Some time in the shop working on the new buffet project as well as some spinny action if I'm lucky. And a little time spent getting to know the new Nikon D70 Digital SLR I've upgraded to...

Jim, you'll have to let me know how you like the new SLR. I've been playing with my D Rebel for the past number of months and I love it. Shutter lag is a thing of the past. On top of that, I blew up a picture of our son, just for kicks and giggles, to 24x16 and it was just as sharp as the 8x10's that we have printed out. If this is your first dSLR, you're going to have a riot! Knowing you, I'm sure you have that thing all tricked out already. Come on, you can tells us, a 2 gig card?

Have fun! You'll have to post some pictures when you get a chance.

Jason

Jason, yes first dSLR. And it does solve the delay factor as well as being able to "see" what the camera "sees" before taking the shot. One pic is posted in the OT forum. No 2gb card...too pricy. But the 256mb card will hold a whole lot of pictures and buying more for when traveling is not out of the question.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Finished up the wishing wells. Now I 've got to whip up a couple raised panel doors for my dad's new built in cabinet that I will be building when I get to PA to visit him the first week of June.

Scored a deal on some nice air-dried pine (~1500 Linear Feet, not sure how many Bd. Ft), various widths all 12' long and all 7/8" thick. The guy had hand selected it all for a flooring job that fell through. The whole lot for $200.00, a good deal if I ever saw one! The wife does a lot os scrollsaw projects and likes to use pine, so it will definitely be a good score for us both.

Mowing and planting the garden are in the works as well.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt