Thread: New Grizzly J/P & Jet Wide Belt Sander ?

New Grizzly J/P & Jet Wide Belt Sander ?

I must have gotten on some woodworkers snail mail spam list because I keep getting all kinds of unsolicited mailings recently . The latest was a copy of Woodshop News. Nice articles, but there's only one WW source I subscribe to - SMC .

Anyway, in it there are articles about new tools that were demonstrated at the IWF. Both appear interesting though I hadn't heard about them before.

Grizzly, #G0675 - 10" jointer/planer combo machine. The real unique change here from the one they currently offer (other than being 10") is that it comes with a euro-style bridge guard and end of table, rail-mounted aluminum fence. Sounds like my Hammer (looks like it too). Says it's priced at $1195.

PA170166 (Medium).JPG

Jet, 22-44 Plus - Wide Belt Sander. They upgraded this so that the drum head now oscillates back and forth (left to right) one inch. It says that will increase abrasive life and decrease burning. They also changed the base. It appears peanut shaped, rather than long and skinny, for increased stability while allowing the user to get closer to the machine. Says it's priced at $2049. Amazon lists it, but says it's currently unavailable.

PA170167 (Medium).JPG

Be well,

Doc

Woodshop News is a pretty good publication, although focused on the trade. It's free and worthy of some of the "library thinking time", if you will...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I do enjoy the WSN.

Get it monthly, and read all of it.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

WSN comes to the shop I work in and gets passed around. I just started receiving it at the home too, for 'Library reading'. I like that one Jim. Don, I know we both attended the industrial show in Hartford this spring. I have gotten a barrage of mailers that I attribute to registering for that show. Some of them interesting, some just plain annoying junk.

That Jet sander seems like a real improvement if it performs as stated. Being a regular wide belt operator at work and a 22-44 pro drum sander owner at home I would love to have the oscillation feature of a wide belt on my drum. A 17HP three phase motor and a 1700# welded steel cabinet wouldn't hurt either.

Can't wait to see the reviews on that one from end users.

More choices...and new concepts

As far as the new Grizzly 10" J/P... it looks as though euro style combo machines are making a stronger debut in the USA these days. Looking at European woodworking websites, there are a lot of combo machine offerings on the other side of the pond that are either European built and Asian built.

The Jet oscillating drum sander is also a neat concept.

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Woodshop News is a pretty good publication, although focused on the trade. It's free and worthy of some of the "library thinking time", if you will...
    How do you get it free? The website form asks for $21.95 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by jim oakes View Post
    How do you get it free? The website form asks for $21.95 a year.
    Your suppose to have a business(woodworking related), they ask for # of employees, ect. Set that up and you will receive it for free.