First off, a bit of an introduction: As it seem the majority of members here, I am a hobbyist woodworker who would happily trade his hobby for his day job were it at all possible. I came upon this forum a few weeks ago, and lurked around for a while before registering.

I'm interested in some peer feedback on this piece. For ages I had wanted to combine my interests in Asian forms, intarsia, and small furniture into a single project. The result was this table.

The base is a simple M&T joined maple frame, with a rosewood stain. The top starts with 1/2" MDF, on which the pattern was drawn out. The 'sky' is American Holly, the 'sun' is padauk, the 'tree' is wenge and poplar, and the 'hills' are cherry, cypress, and walnut. The thicknesses vary between 1/4" and 1/2", to provide some of the depth that characterizes intarsia. And it's all topped with glass to protect the wood and provide a flat surface.

My talents are nowhere near where I want them to be. This table was done a couple years ago and I like to think I've improved since. But I take some pride in its uniqueness - I have yet to see anything quite like it.

Thanks for looking.

Table1.jpg

Table2.jpg