Thread: What I did this weekend - Gloat

What I did this weekend - Gloat

I finally bit the bullet and got one of the SC saws that have been around here lately. No warranty, but saved some money. (paid for it with the proceeds from a SS MKV I sold recently, I bought that for $400)

Got the saw put together and everything lines up nicely. Blade is within a couple thousandths of parallel to the table and the fence lines up nicely as well.

Wired the post for 220 20A and 110 20A, new circuits for each, and a 110 outlet above the saw for other stuff.

Put the whole contraption on a rolling base that was left over from the Delta contractor that fell off a trailer last year, luckily not on me.

I cut a hole in the table so I could mount the router's new Roussau lift. Installed hoses (RV Drain stuff) for DC and an outlet and switch on the front of the box underneath the table. I left a gap at the bottom of the DC box I built for air flow on the router motor.

Incra fence mounted at the far right end of the table extension.

I guess I am running out of excuses for not making something out of wood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice set up John!
    Let me know how you like that Incra Fence. I've been lusting after one of those lately.
    Maurice

Incra's rule. I'm not sure there is a better repeatability fence system out there...or at least they are the originator of such a thing.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Hi John,
    I've seen a few SC TS's 'round here lately too, CL has had a few of them... not sure what the deal is. But I got a great deal on a 3HP cabinet saw w/out a fence. Brand new saw, last year's titanium coated top model 35631 for $600.
    Is yours the hybrid or full on cabinet saw?
    I have an incra fence & router table on on the left of the saw. The same positioner is shared for both TS & routing. I love the hell out of the Incra stuff and can echo Chris' comments about repeatability.

Cheers.
    Greg

Saw is the 3 hp, 220 single phase cabinet, right tilt, titanium top and deluxe fence with really long rails. (These saws are scratch/dent from SC, no warranty.) I paid $750, but that was what I sold the SS MKV for, so I really paid $400 and then traded up. At least that's my story and I'm stickin to it. (for the LOML)