Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dewalt Track saw cost

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dewalt Track saw cost

Hi, I wanted to find out how much the dewalt track saw cost.I did a search here and didint find anything.
    I learned that makita has one too maybe in canada but doesnt have a riving knife but has some anti tilt feature when cutting bevels.
    The track saw isnt news to me or most of us here but this is what cost I found.

"The corded saw DWS520SK will be available with a 59"-long track for $499. You'll also be able to buy that saw with a 102"-long track or with both lengths of track. DeWalt officials didn't have information on the pricing on those two other kits. The cordless DC351 saw also will be available in those three configurations, with the most expensive option being the saw and two lengths of track for $999.

"The Festool TS 55 EQ sells for $475 with a 55"-long guide rail. A 106"-long guiderail costs $245."

There syaing it has a few better add-ons to it than festool. I dont know where I stand on this. Both cost are very high to me. I just use my TS and sometimes crosscut ply rough with skillsaw and then finish it on TS.

It’s kinda like a $1300 miter saw, if people are willing to spend the money, they’ll be happy to sell it to them.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I saw this saw at a Woodcraft demo a few weeks ago. When the rep said that it would be slightly more than Festool I was shocked.

Hi Craig, personally I would go with the Festool. They have a proven product, great customer service, and some of the highest resale value of any tools I have seen, if you decide to sell it. The Festool also has some great accessories, especially the table. Hope this helps

Give me 48 hours and I will have one in the shop.

Price range given at IWF was $500-$700 for the corded 520 and more than that for the cordless .

My set will have the 520 corded saw, a 59" track, and a pair of clamps.

I don't own the Festool. Reposts have said the dewalt can use the festool blades and the festool rail.

There is a us dewalt site up on it:
    http://www.dewalt.com/us/tracksaw/

It is also on dewalt.co.uk

6. I don't own a Festool product yet, but I'm aware of what actual owners and users are saying about the product.

If the DeWalt is more expensive, why not go with the tool with a proven track record and happy owners?

Great. A skill saw that costs almost as much as an entry level cabinet saw. It is portable, takes up a smaller foot print, and seems to tickle the dead wood people's fancy, but seriously. A skill saw and a couple of pieces of aluminum for $900? Who the heck are they kidding?

?ez?

I used my new EurekaZone guide system to cut up a bunch of prefinished birch for some cabinets. I was pretty impressed. I was working alone and breaking down the 4x8 sheets was a breeze. All the cuts were smooth and spot-on.
    I like Dewalt. Every yellow tool I have works well (TS, 12"MS, sanders and a couple cordless) and I have looked at the Dewalt rail but dollar for dollar I think you will get more out of an EZ system.

Colin

If you’re going to spend that kind of money go with the Festool. If you are more on a budget go with the Ez guide. I have used both and own an Ez Guide. Both give excellent results…
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post

Price range given at IWF was $500-$700 for the corded 520 and more than that for the cordless .

That's not what I was expecting to hear. What a bummer. If I had that kind on cash I'd certainly go with the Festool instead. I was hoping that the DeWalt would come in well under the Festool price.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wollerman View Post
    I used my new EurekaZone guide system to cut up a bunch of prefinished birch for some cabinets. I was pretty impressed. I was working alone and breaking down the 4x8 sheets was a breeze. All the cuts were smooth and spot-on...
    ... dollar for dollar I think you will get more out of an EZ system.

Colin
    Colin, I think you are right. The EurkaZone EZ-Smart System is looking much better to me with this announcement.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

11. [quote=Peter Quinn;941870]..... It is portable, takes up a smaller foot print, and seems to tickle the dead wood people's fancy, but seriously....quote]

I think a radial arm saw would meet the criteria, but you don't hear the dead wood people ranting about them.

[QUOTE=Brian Clevenger;941903]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    ..... It is portable, takes up a smaller foot print, and seems to tickle the dead wood people's fancy, but seriously....quote]

I think a radial arm saw would meet the criteria, but you don't hear the dead wood people ranting about them.
    Brian,

The Radial arm saw has nothing to do with the Dead Wood Concept.

Price of Festool and DeWalt system makes my shop built edge guide look mighty good. With the money I saved, I could buy another Unisaw.

Bruce Wrenn "Price of Festool and DeWalt system makes my shop built edge guide look mighty good. With the money I saved, I could buy another Unisaw.[/quote]

Ain't that the truth. I know an old guy who uses three MDF home made guides (different lengths) to break down his sheets. He listened and watched me politely as I showed him and demo'd all my EZ widgets and rails and then gave me that look...you know the one...like he wants to tell me how I wasted my money but knows it wouldn't do any good (although he was pretty impressed with the concept of the PBB & Bridge which is what I am working toward)

Ironically, my goal is to do work as good as his
    C

[QUOTE=Dino Makropoulos;941927]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Clevenger View Post

Brian,

The Radial arm saw has nothing to do with the Dead Wood Concept.
    It seems, Dino, you have taken several posts from different people and arranged them under a quote with my name. I would appreciate it if you would not use my name to quote something i did not write. I will do the same for you.

On that note however, just how different is cutting a piece of wood with a skill saw from cutting a piece of wood with a RAS?