Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Italian classic - sander gloat

If you’re using a mobile browser, sending a PM is very clunky. Switch to the “full site” (bottom middle) and PM’s are easier - tap on the person’s name and an option to PM them comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Morrison View Post
    Hey Mike,

that at would be a amazing. I do have the pneumatic tracking, but not sure how well it works. I have searched how to send a PM but can’t seem to find it that window. I’m obviously a newbie. I’ll just put it here and edit it out later.
    PM's require Contributor status. Please read the announcements at the top of the forum.

Jim
    Forum Moderator

Blog Entries
    Gabe, JR has the manual you need. Mine is for the non-pneumatic version. You can also get a copy by calling SCMI parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    PM's require Contributor status. Please read the announcements at the top of the forum.

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    Clearly I missed that change!

Quote Originally Posted by ian maybury View Post
    Dust collection must become quite challenging with large scale sanding. Cyclones for examples don't it seems drop out fine dust of that sort - not to any great dgree anyway. Meaning that filter blinding could become an issue. It seems that many in that situation instead exhaust outside, but that can bring issue too with loss of heated air etc in winter...
    I realized that I had forgotten about this thread, and since it has popped up again: I did away with cartridge filters after blowing a few up due to back pressure from a non-optimal cyclone allowing blow-by. The collector unit that I have now has a pretty high inlet velocity and an oversized baghouse. A lot of the sanding dust spins out in the cyclone. The filter fabric is Beane (R). It has loop fabric inside and smooth outsides, and the filtration and cake release are very good. The collector dedicated to my widebelt also has this type of filter fabric. I use a Dylos particle counter and the air quality with the collectors in use is good.
    JR

Good to know. Thanks. And thanks all for being so helpful. This just forum is such a wealth of knowledge.

Bought mine recently for about $750 USD.. one small problem. it doesnt have the fence!!

Its an older model, an Unilev 15m, but I am guessing its the same part as the newer Unilev 150????

thumbnail_image001.jpg