Thread: Help me buy the 2hp Jet cannister DC

Help me buy the 2hp Jet cannister DC

I can't find anywhere online that has one of these things in stock. Has anyone bought one of these, and if so where at?

Thanks for the help!

Jim Izat

local woodcraft(Orange Connecticut) has them, 'course that's too far a drive. It took me 31/2 months to get the Jet retro-fit canister for my Delta DC from Amazon, but they may do better with the whole unit . there's a local jet dealer that may have them (they do plenty of mail order) the local is Tools-Plus (tools-plus.com) and their # is 203-573-0750 ask for Bob...not affiliated with any of the above. the retro-fit works great by the way, don't know how I got along without it. good luck!
    There's no tool like an old tool

Question

How much are they selling for? I might like one for my 1200.
    Every deed plants a seed.

retro fit canister $189 on amazon free "super saver" shipping. read my post a few pages back about fitting it to the delta.
    There's no tool like an old tool

I' ve been thinking about one of those cannisters for my Jet 1100. However, the price seems a little steep---almost as much as I paid for the whole system. Are they really worth that? Not being critical just interested. Thanks.

Stan
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith

The corporate penalty for having a really good idea is insufficient production.....

From what I've seen the retrofit cannisters are just about as hard to find as are the whole units, which is what I'm after. I've about gotten to the point that I'll just get in line at Amazon and hope for the best.

Jim

I was able to get a cannister retrofit kit for my DC1100 from my local Rockler, they even matched amazon's price.

So far it works well hooked up to each individual machine. For me, I thought it a better solution than oversize felt bags. I'm planning on some ductwork in the near future, so hopefully it will be enough "suck", else I'll be emailing Terry H. about his cyclone kit.

Chris

They should be available

Ity took me a couple of months to get my canister Jet DCs (yes, two--one for each shop), but my dealer says they're delivering pretty much on time now.

PS--they do work just fine.

Any Comparisons, Please?

I've read the posts saying that the cannisters work just fine, but I'm wondering about any improvement from what people had before. In other words, I have put on felt bags and am wondering if the cannister is a marked improvement over them. Comments most welcome and needed. Thanks.

Stan
    Project Salvager

The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know.______Stan Smith