Thread: E-mails from Iraq

E-mails from Iraq

I received 2 emails the other day Here they are.
    Sorry it took so long... anyone who reads the offtopic will know My computer is acting up...

Hello,

My name is Jennifer and I am 21 years old. I am currently in Iraq, and just recieved your pen that you made. I can not express to you how much your thoughtfulness made my day! I was so excited to open this up and not only recieve a beautiful hand made pen, but to read the lovely note inside with your emial address. I am not positive who I am writing to. The donated by was Piper, and the made by was Julie. So I am not sure who is who?

I have been in Iraq since January of this year, and will hopefully only be here until Febuary of next year. I am a Sergeant in United States Active Army and stationed in Ft. Lewis Washington. I grew up in New York, Farmington NY to be precise. I have been in the military 3 years in June. My enlistment is up in June of 2005.

Soon, hopefully the end of June, I will be going to NY on leave, and I can not wait! I will be home for approximately 2 weeks, and I will enjoy every second of it.

Well that is about all from here. I really hope you respond to this email! You may not know who this is from, and I can understand that, but just know that I recieved your pen and all of us over here appreciate your support and we couldn't do any of this without it!

Your Friend

Jennifer
    Keep those lathes spinning
    TheWrightPen.com

2nd email

Here it is:

hello,
    I am a U.S. soldier deployed to Iraq and I just received one of your pen's through the Freedom Pen Project. I would just like to personally thank you for the gift. We all greatly appreciate your generosity and commitment to patriotism. It is humbling to still see a selfless company like yourselves do such a nice thing for us soldiers. Your pens are very nice! Almost too nice for a war zone environment. I am saving mine for when I return home. I don't want to ruin it. I just wanted to express my gratitude to you and your company. Thank you very much.

SPC Joshua XXX
    Keep those lathes spinning
    TheWrightPen.com

Julie,

Looks like you have a couple new friends. Keep posting the messages you receive we sure do enjoy hearing from these folks.

Julie,

That is fantastic

I hope and pray that each pen we send gets to come home with their soldier in good health and the pen can become a momento of our thoughtfulness and thankfulness for their doing our job for us!

I look forward to receiving my first e-mail from a pen recipient.
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt