Thread: HF Air Brad Nailer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HF Air Brad Nailer

I have a Bostich compressor and brad nailer kit that I like a lot and use a bunch. Recently, I decided that a second brad nailer would be handy, keeping two different length 18 ga brads at the ready, instead of having to change brads. However, when I priced the brad nailer at my local hardware store, it was in the $85 range.

Well, I'll admit to being an HF lurker, occasionally picking up something useful. However, I've been forever shy of motorized tools and have avoided all the air tools. A 3/8 close quarter drill was the first motorized purchase, and it works well.

After seeing the prices on the Bostich brad nailer, I decided to try an HF brad nailer. (Item 46309, on sale for $17.99). How can you go wrong for $18 bucks? This morning, I loaded it with 1.75" brads and went to work on framing two pass-thru doors in my office.

First impression: Not bad. The fit and finish is nearly as good as the Bostich, although the locking mechanism for the brad magazine is sort of a cheap design...not quite as positive a lock as the Bostich. Seems to do just as good a job as my Bostich. It came in a blow-molded case, and even came complete with spare O-ring. spare Drive pin, Step pin, and Piston head, machine oil, and 2 hex wrenches. Accepts 5/8" - 2" 18-ga brads. So, I can now keep a second gun with shorter or longer brads and not have to be fumbling with loading and unloading when I need a different brad length.

Anyone else use this nailer? Or, any of the other HF air tools?

Note: I'm not in any way affiliated with HF.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lon LeBlanc; 09-21-2008 at 12:47 PM.