Thread: first craft fair of season today

Post first craft fair of season today

Hey all,
    John and I had our first craft outing of the season today. Initially I wasn't all that impressed with the venue but it grew on me. Small town nearby has a nice village green, and there is a farmer's market/craft fair there every saturday. We tried our hand, and got the lay of the land today. Blustery day, got up to a scorching 49 degrees, maybe.

For all of that I got some nice responses to my latest pieces, a pair of boxes I whipped up thursday and friday. I'll post pics when I get a chance, as they came home with me. Most people really liked them, just weren't buying. I think I'll take the time to do some more finish on them and next time we go, there will be a better presentation of them, which will help. Today was the first real 'show' we have done since we threw our hat in the 'pro' ring. Before it was hobbyists making a bit of change. Today was Pro's getting some exposure in a pretty good market.
    A few items will be deleted from the next trip, and a few more added. Another of the vendors asked about a couple of items, which I'll be getting together for our next trip. Easy enough to put together, and should be good sellers to the general populace too. I just have to get some stock down from the loft, get it to thicknes...
    If I just had the energy today to go back over to the shop and start it. We wound up tearing down in the rain, and then unpacking/storing things at the shop when we returned, then a little shop cleanup which had been neglected for a few days. Amazingly enough I found that I have a bench, not just a pile of sawdust with parts of projects on it.

Ned

2B1ASK1

Post those pics, Ned...we like pics!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Congrats Ned. Best of Luck on your new venture.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/