Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unisaw vs Grizz??

[quote=Bob Aquino;916113]Somewhere in the back of my mind, "Absoulute Home" is also the same as Hechinger and I recall people having alot of customer service issues with them. Buying something like a table saw, you want to go with a vendor that will stand behind you.

OUCH!

I would be VERY careful about buying anything on line from Hechinger. It's not that they have bad customer service, they have NO customer service. Ask me how I know that....

What is the difference between the Beis Fence and the Unifence?

Quote Originally Posted by "Jacob Robinson" View Post

Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

The biesemeyer is a standard "T" style fence, generally regarded as the best of that style. The Unifence is a unique fence that has several advantages. First, it has 2 face profiles, meaning it has a high face and can be turned 90 degrees for a low face. This is an advantage because you can run your hands closer to the guard and let them hang over the fence when in the low position. Second, the fence can be slid fore and aft(forward and backward). This is helpful when cutting sheet goods. Slide the fence face back and you can contact your plywood long before it gets to the blade. You can slide the fence toward the back edge of the blade for more fence contact as your wood leaves the blade. That gives you more accuracy at the end of the cut.
    My favorite cologne is BLO

probably similar to Ford vs. Chevy.... But which is a better system and if I can get them for equal prices which should I choose?

Beis or Unifence

Somewhere on this forum I read where someone said that they got Grizzly to put the tools he wanted on ebay?? does that mean he got lucky or did he actually ask them to place them on ebay?

probably similar to Ford vs. Chevy.... But which is a better system and if I can get them for equal prices which should I choose?

Beis or Unifence
    It's mainly a matter of preference. The Biese tends to be more popular and fetches a premium but both have a strong following. The Biese is more ruggedly built and is easy to put jigs on. The Uni is more flexible and offers the sliding face, which also pivots 90° for veneers and thin materials.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....