Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finished Lathe Tool Cabinet

Our wives must be related. Is that your own design or where do i find the plans?
    Bud Duffy Punkinhook Ranch

Nice cabinet!~

That lathe cabinet bears some resemblance to my router cabinet. Very versatile design. I need to get cracking on a rolling lathe cabinet, it looks very useful!

That's an excellent idea and well done.nt.

Very nice cabinet; I like it a lot.
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.

Nice cabinet, Paul!

It seems to have brought out a lot of our turners!

Uncle Al

Good job Paul ...

The cabinet looks to be ideal for your tool storage. I, too like the drawer idea, since right now I have to dig under shavings once in a while to find mine. Unfortunately I don't have a shop big enough for a cabinet like yours yet ... but it's coming hopefully next year. This Fall and next Spring, I'm going to be asking for plans to lay out my shop with a lot of the ideas I've seen here and on the Pond. I'll be starting from scratch in a 36' X 40' space with a second floor for some storage, so I'll be full of questions from flooring, to heating, to DC installation and on and on and on ...

Thanks again for sharing.
    Thanks, Ron

Dave Peebles Lyons Ohio Guest
    Hi Paul,

Great job!! It looks like a good solution for storing your most prized tuning tools. I too am a big fan of Jerry's tools. Between the edge holding ability, and those wonderful shot filled handles, I don't think a turner could do much better.

Best wishes,
    Dave

Thumbs up Very nice cabinet!

I just converted a Mac tool box that has been full of odds and end bolts, trinkets, etc. but it isn't wide enough for my larger gouges and scrapers. One day I'll build a nice cabinet like this one and put my vacuum pump in the bottom!

Beautiful work!
    Gary Hern
    St. Louis, MO.

Making sawdust is more fun than cleaning it up!

Cabinet design

There were no plans, I just decided how high I wanted the grinder and the length of my longest tools for the drawer width. Then I filled in the blanks.

I put it on wheels so I could move it out of the way when I wasn't turning.

Paul

finishing projects

Hey Paul,

I'm also in Annandale, VA! Right behind NOVA in Wakefield Chapel. We've gotta be close, since Annandale isn't that big. You inside or outside the beltway?

And...I have the same problem with my better half. She's positive I never finish a project too. I still think she might be wrong though.
    Dave on Lake Greenwood, SC

Dave,

Right down the street. Left on Holborn, Right on Private Lane, 8277. You will have to stop by sometime.

Paul

interesting thread

A cabinet like yours is on my to do list. It will be a miracle if I live long enough to complete that list.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi