Thread: If you need a happy thought today

If you need a happy thought today

A friend in New Mexico just sent me the link to her niece's website. Her niece, Ara, is the smallest baby ever born in New Mexico to survive. Her birth weight was only 14 ounces. They are still working on the website, but pictures of Ara are already up.

Amidst all the insanity I thought this baby's story might brighten your day.

http://www.thelittlestnewmexican.com/

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Thank you Belinda. It is Monday morning and I can always use a feel-good story on Monday. I will keep little Ara in my thoughts today.
    If I could ever finish working on my shop, maybe I could find the time to start working in my shop.

Belindia,
    Thanks for the post. I will check the site out once in a while to see how the baby is doing.
    I don't remember the weights but I had younger twin brothers born at around 7 months that were pretty light. I don't think they broke any records.
    My eldest Son and his family live in New Mexico and I believe that they are trying to set another type record. They have 7 boys and 2 girls, that equals 9. I don't think they have decided on stopping yet.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Belindia,
    Thanks for the post. I will check the site out once in a while to see how the baby is doing.
    My eldest Son and his family live in New Mexico and I believe that they are trying to set another type record. They have 7 boys and 2 girls, that equals 9. I don't think they have decided on stopping yet.
    Thanks David. The family will appreciate you following her progress. Whether we call it a miracle, or a testament to modern medicine, or a combination of the two, it is amazing to me that a preemie weighing less than a pound is surviving. I was also surprised at her length at birth of 11.5". She must have looked like a sweet little spaghetti noodle.

Wow, 9, that makes for quite a Christmas shopping list doesn't it?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Thank you Belinda -- that is one amazing story.

Belinda,
    It sure does hurt the old pocket book during holidays and birthdays.
    The thing I left out about the 9 is that they are all home schooled K-12. The oldest just started college.
    David B