Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hand sculpting to 3D scanner to CNC ?

Blog Entries

Laser Scanning Page up on our website

Hey all,

Have been working on our website for the past few days. Laser Scanning page went live today. Stop by and check it out if you can pull yourself away from your CNC machines long enough!

Comments and corrections are welcome.

Thanks.

Guy
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-03-2009 at 4:37 PM.
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post
    Hey all,

Have been working on our website for the past few days. Laser Scanning page went live today. Stop by and check it out if you can pull yourself away from your CNC machines long enough!

Comments and corrections are welcome.

Thanks.

Guy
    WOW!

Just have to ask, how much is a scanner like that?
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 09-03-2009 at 4:37 PM.
    George

Blog Entries

Scanner Price

George,

A lot!

If you or anyone is interested, you can follow the links on my home page and talk to the company directly.

Be sure to tell them that Guy sent you as i do get referral fees if a prospect buys a laser!!!! I need the money for my hotel room at IWF 2010!!!!!

I used the Fastscan in conjunction with a few other programs to make the 3D models for the chess set that Jim McGrew is cutting.
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

oh yea!!

jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

The Pawn!

Jim,

You're right. The pawn looks frigging (cleanest expletive I could think of!) awesome!

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mathews View Post
    Jim,

You're right. The pawn looks frigging (cleanest expletive I could think of!) awesome!

Guy

Hats off to you. You are GOOD!

Awesome what a combination of hardware/software/know how can produce. Superb work gentlemen.
    George

guy and i both have camasters!! before that we were ships passing in the night!!

jim

to those who ask

this is russ revells mini cobra in fla he is also about to start using his lathe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCAfX3BDPW8

this is some of the new stuff we are working to utilize better, it is no where near as technical or capable as the methods used by guy but it is begginning to produce some results for smaller lathes (cnc)

jim

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6449

James, i really like your great work.. I wish they keep the names of the chess set with your Name...