Thread: Weekend Job

Weekend Job

Sometimes trucks have to be lettered on the weekend because they are needed during the week, like this one. The good news, though, was a nice flat smooth surface, no rivets to go over.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Nice work Joe, its no wonder you stay so busy.

I agree, very nice Joe! Thanks for sharing it with us.

The grey in the "D", is that just slightly smaller than the inside of the "D", or is it the shape of the entire D, with the "D" being laid on the grey?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Me too. Good job Joe.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I agree, very nice Joe! Thanks for sharing it with us.

The grey in the "D", is that just slightly smaller than the inside of the "D", or is it the shape of the entire D, with the "D" being laid on the grey?

The blue D and 9 are one piece. The grey center of the D is slightly large (.1" contour) than the center hole of the d, so the blue overlaps it and covers the edge. Up close you can see the slight ridge under the blue, but not from street level, and if it were an exact fit over time shrinkage would show white through around it.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

Gotcha, thanks. I thought you said once before that's how you do overlaps, but I wasn't sure if you took it all the way out to the edge of the letter or just inside it a little. Now I know!

Thanks-
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

nice and clean, I like it.

It is a small world - I made the sign for their wall.

Joe:
    Is that company in Seattle? I think I saw a magazine article about them.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

They are actually in Woodinville, 20 miles or so east of Seattle, though many national magazines will call that Seattle.

Sammamish, WA