Thread: My sign

My sign

Here is my business sign. Sign was created by Howard at Bertram signs http://www.carefreecavecreek.org/dir...-Graphics.html

He hand carved the hand and pen, did some nice airbrushing, the rest of it was sandblasted. I wanted something that says "we sell fountain pens" so far so good. It's doing the job bringing them off the street.

I ventured over to this forum from starting at the woodturning, ( I turn mostly pens and shaving brushes) then the laser engraving, as I am waiting for my Epilog laser to arive, and took a peek over here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anthony,

Amazing craftsmanship. Yours is one of the most beautiful signs I have seen.
    Is it made from sign foam? How about some construction details.

I agree with Keith, a fantastic sign, and I'd like to hear more details.

I'm glad to hear that you do shaving brushes, I thought I was the only one left that used a mug & brush instead of the aerosol stuff. Yes, I have a beard but still have to do the neck and cheeks!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thanks for the compliment It is made from sign foam. After the sign came back from the sandblaster, Howard layered the foam for the hand and pen. He roughed out the hand and pen with his chisels, then airbrushed the painting. Howard's sign shop is in the same complex as my store. so he went above and beyound designing and making most of the signs at our place. But by far, mine came out the best

Nice, subtle shaving brush background. Great design. Something about the hand really draws your attention more than a simple pen would. It suggests the tactile nature of a hand-crafted pen or brush.

Makes me want to see your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Thompson View Post
    Nice,

Makes me want to see your work.
    Thanks. My work is at http://www.penworks.us

Anthony, thanks for sharing- that's a beautiful sign. I've followed several threads on sign forums where people make signs like this and it's one of my favorite things to follow when someone starts posting "start to finish" photos of these types of projects.

There are some true artists in this business (I'm not one of them), and work like this just shows how incredibly talented some folks out there really are. It's just an amazing field and those who do it are amazing artists.

Thanks for sharing your amazing sign with us.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

The guy that made that is an artist. Beautiful work for a beautiful part of the country.
    I believe Foster Coburn, the Corel guru lives in Cave Creek, I went there once for Corel bootcamp.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Very impressive sign, and great shadows and highlights on the airbrushing too.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bratton View Post
    I believe Foster Coburn, the Corel guru lives in Cave Creek, I went there once for Corel bootcamp.
    Larry, thanks for bringing up Foster's name. Had no idea who he was. I ordered a laser engraver and need to learn Corel Draw X4, I gave him a call and he is stopping by the store this week