Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodworking Project Forum - trouble seeing photos

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Thompson View Post
    Larry,

See my post directly above yours, the problem has existed since before March of this year.

Heather
    Heather,

I don't remember for sure, but it may have been that long. Only after I read Steve Mellott's thread (next thread after this one) did I realize that others were having the same problem. I'll test your memory again, was that about the same time they were making changes to the system?

Thanks, Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Larry, I click on your link and it takes me to the thread, and the pictures show without any additional clicking
    Oops, sorry Steve, I read your message and forgot to reply. Some see, some don't. I'm ????.

Larry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Have we narrowed this down to an Internet Explored problem?

Is anyone have this problem with Firefox?

I'm still having the same problem today. All photos or links won't open unless I right click and open them in another window, which asks me to log in!. I'm at work and use Firefox!!!! This problem only started recently as far as I can tell. I have Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7

Lee
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    I'm still having the same problem today I use Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7.

When I right click on the link and open the image in another page I have to log in and then I get redirected to a new page showing the image. Then when I go back I can see all the photos in the original post as they should appear. I can even leave SMC and come back in the same day and it seems to work okay. Once I do the log in bit, I can see all photos on all posts! This problem only started recently! I have not intentionally installed any updates, although they may have happened automatically since this is a work computer.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 08-04-2008 at 1:31 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Larry James View Post
    Heather,

I don't remember for sure, but it may have been that long. Only after I read Steve Mellott's thread (next thread after this one) did I realize that others were having the same problem. I'll test your memory again, was that about the same time they were making changes to the system?

Thanks, Larry
    Larry,

I joined the Creek last October, per my memory which is not the best in the world (when I worked in the professional world everything was documented), the problem seemed to surface with the changes in the system. I think someone with a true understanding of this site needs to wrap their arms around this issue and bring it to the ground, tie it up and bag it. Since this has been going on for so long I would think that this would be at a third level escalation. When I worked for SBC the main corporate number was taken out in error, my pager (the old days, went off with 911 across the board), had a conference bridge instantly and a snapshot of the switch from an hour before and after the event. Leroy S was my maintenance manager, he identified the problem and had a technican resolve it in under twelve minutes, the CEO and friends never knew. I wish Mr Sikes was a woodworker, but he did build some nasty cars and bikes.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Thompson View Post
    ...Larry,
    I think someone with a true understanding of this site needs to wrap their arms around this issue and bring it to the ground, tie it up and bag it.
    Heather...
    Relax Heather, slow down, smell the roses. I'm sure Keith and Aaron will work it out eventually.

But I would like to see the #$%&**$ pictures.

Larry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I'm still having the same problem today I use Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7.

When I right click on the link and open the image in another page I have to log in and then I get redirected to a new page showing the image. Then when I go back I can see all the photos in the original post as they should appear. I can even leave SMC and come back in the same day and it seems to work okay. Once I do the log in bit, I can see all photos on all posts! This problem only started recently! I have not intentionally installed any updates, although they may have happened automatically since this is a work computer.
    Update 8/5/08 - Today I can see all the photos without logging in! Maybe it takes a couple of days to get stale cookies!
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Update 8/5/08 - Today I can see all the photos without logging in! Maybe it takes a couple of days to get stale cookies!
    Update 8/8/08, well somehow the problem seems to have been resolved as I can still see photos without having to log in. No changes were made on my computer settings!
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!