Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't See Pictures (Resolved)

Another Glitch Found

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Problem resolved!!

If you notice, some picture links go to www.sawmillcreek.org, and others simply link to "sawmillcreek.org" (without the www).

The log on cookie has been modified to work on both sawmillcreek.org and www.sawmillcreek.org.

(You were asked to log in again when viewing certain pictures, because your login cookie did not work between domains.)

Sorry it took so long, but it was a tricky thing to pinpoint!

Aaron,

I tried to view pictures on a post this morning, Ken Fitzgerald's post http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=89952 reguarding photographic evidence, no pics. Then I was viewing another thread where I could see some posters pictures but not others, very strange indeed. At that point came to the tech support forum and found this thread and read your input concerning this issue being solved, shut down my PC, came back to the Creek (signed out and in again), same problem. From there I opened a new tab and came to the Creek through a search engine, can see all pictures on all threads. What I figured out was that when the Creek lost it's Domain name sometime back, found through another site that I could gain access while the Creek was being updated through multiple servers by using the following http://70.169.135.35/index.php,
    I set this as my shortcut. If you have other folks complaining about this issue, you may want to verify what means they are using to get to SMC. Hope this saves future headaches for you and fellow Creekers,

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Heather,

Indeed, that is the same issue.

Web browsers (IE, Firefox, etc) don't allow cookies to work on more than one domain. you've found yet another point of entry..

Hopefully, others having this problem will read this thread.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

I too am glad I found this thread. A few days ago, I found I was unable to login even though there were no errors reported - just no welcome. Couldn't see pics, etc.

Anyway, it turned out to be the difference between coming to the Creek as www.sawmillcreek.org vs. sawmillcreek.org and having old cookie cached for one or the other. I'm using IE. I cleared my cookies and all was ok.

I am having the same problems as well. I have an auto log-in, using internet explorer on a PC, and I cannot see the pics as well. Any suggestions??

I frequently have this problem also. I am certainly no computer geek so if you have answered this, I will try to listen more slowly. I am using a Mac /Safari system and normally just am automatically logged on. I tried just now to log on manually with no joy. Am I supposed to log on to a different site?

I'm having the same problem of not being able to see pics. Some I can but in the "Projects" threads I maybe see one or two. I tried re logging in and that doesn't work. Also rebooting my pc and deleting cookies.
    Help! as I enjoy this website. Doesn't happen on other forums sites.

Guys,

See posts 16 and 17, hope this may help.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

still can't see pics even the ones I post.

I tried all these fixes and still not able to see all the pics. If I clear all the cookies, what is the correct website address?