Thread: Adapting Jessem/Rousseau Router Lift

Adapting Jessem/Rousseau Router Lift

I have a shop brand router (great router) which has a spiral thread around the whole motor that is used by the fixed base to raise and lower the bit. The male part of the thread is on the fixed base itself, the female part is on the motor. The motor is a plain cylindrical shape (besides the thread that is), but there is a small peg used to align the various bases in the same orientation every time.

Is it possible to adjust the adapting ring or collar on a Jessem or Rousseau router lift to fit this? I am guessing that one of the available adapter rings would work just fine - but which one? How do I determine which ring would work?

P.S. for the shaper folks - I acknowledge the shaper versus router-lift argument - however the router is paid for, I have *zero* floor space, and therefore *must* have a bench top, easily movable table that can be hung on the wall afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Most lifts and adapters for them go by router body diameter. For example; PC 690, 890, Bosch 1617, 1618 and De Walt 618 all use the same adapter on Woodpeckers lift. If you have large enough calipers or other method, measure you motor body's diameter. The previously mentioned routers are all about 3.5", a PC 7518 is around 4.2" and the Mil 5625 is around 4.1".
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler