Thread: Anyone have any experience/success with lasertile/glass?

Anyone have any experience/success with lasertile/glass?

I am talking about the product from lasertile.com

Thanks
    500w Beam Dynamic LMC

I like the tile, haven't tried the glass yet. Here's a piece from a couple months back:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=83851
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I've sold quite a few coaster with photographs on them. Haven't tried the glass yet either.

Steve
    Epilog Legend EX24, Corel X3

Cool LaserGlass & LaserTile

Great products, but have not seen a full wall of the LaserGlass. Visit achievelaserengraving.com to see my engraved samples(wall photos are their computer generated) Would like to chat with others on their experience and see real wall examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Kobyluk View Post
    Great products, but have not seen a full wall of the LaserGlass. Visit achievelaserengraving.com to see my engraved samples(wall photos are their computer generated) Would like to chat with others on their experience and see real wall examples.
    Donna,

What lens and settings did you use for the glass Lasertile?
    Jack

I ordered their glass samples to give it a try. They told me you dont need to laser through the glaze unless you plan on color-filling. You just etch the glaze to darken it. I tried everything, and unless I lasered through the glaze, the image was so faint from the glass side you could hardly see it. If you laser through the glaze and color-fill it looks real nice. If you laser through and dont color-fill, the image will display the color of the adhesive used to apply it with a darker contrast where the glaze was darkened. I may have been doing something wrong when I sampled the tile, to not get a darker image to appear from the front. What I did get was a real light image.
    Jim

I did the same as James but bought two sample sets. Found that the darker colors did not do well at all, the lighter colors, OK. I'm figuring I have no market for these as well.

But the Laser Tiles is a different story. I do well with these and photographs are simple. No need to put image through Photograv. Just sample at gray scale and you are done.
    "No man is a failure who has friends." -Clarence

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Anthony Welch
    Laurel,MS

Epilog Legend EX 45watt, Corel Draw 12 & x3, Photograv, Wacom tablet 4x5, ShopBot PRS96x48 w/spindle, airbrush and shop full of tools.

Jack,
    I actually have the 3Score, LTM100, with 3-axis high speed galvo marking head.
    Still on the hunt for a real installation of their LaserGlass.
    Donna

I also bought some samples awhile back - when I did they told me they are discontinueing the glass line.
    Jim Huston
    Fireborn Studio
    M 360 60 Watt, 4 X 8 CNC Plasma, Glass Blowing

Actually, I spoke with 3Score today and they are only discontinuing their vector glass. Their LaserGlass is still a strong product for them.

Separately, Donna where are you located?
    Jack

Hi Jack,
    I'm located in the SF Bay Area, California.
    Donna

So Donna had any success yet with any large project?
    Zeev Goldin Engraving solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Welch View Post
    I did the same as James but bought two sample sets
    Hey Anthony,

I just checked their website and cannot find how to order the sample tiles. Do I have to sign up as a dealer?

Thanks
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

14. Hey Donna,

Saw you stuff on your site...really nice. I'm doing this as a hobby, but here is some of the things I did..