Thread: Harbor Freight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You Pays Your Money and Takes Your Chance

I've had some good lick and some not so good. I've never seen one of their bandsaws, but if you can't find a good used saw it mightr be a way to go, but with some risk.

I bought a millling machine for our maintenance shop when I was still working and it turned out to be a real buy for our limited needs. I bought a router table with built in router that served me very well in my hobbiest woodworking shop for 21 years.

I understand their guarantee and return policies are pretty liberal; so that is a consideration. Good luck, you may need it. Carl
    Last edited by Carl Eyman; 07-06-2008 at 10:56 AM.
    18th century nut --- Carl

A friend has had one for about 7 years and has always been thrilled with it. I think he tinkered a bit and bought HF's after market guides.
    He understands that there are better tools out there but he feels it has always met his needs.
    I know he does some resawing using Ipe for fretboards. He has the riser block and has never complained about the power.

As far as speeds go. I wouldn't pay extra for 4 speeds. Few woodworking saws have multiple speeds and it really isn't necessary.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.