Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Brad Nailers - Any good?

I have one of these and if it is really room you thirst for you can buy this and hook it to you belt. No charge up wait, no plug, and it will drive a LOT of nails before you need a new cartridge. I would recommend at least considering this even if you get an air compressor. You can click on the demo for more. Try and get the kit that comes with a cartridge and use a Lowes discount if you can find one.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...735-J-6901-100

Dewey
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Zorns View Post
    Well, this could be a record, for the percentage of folks that agree on something.

Thanks for the tips fellas. I guess I'll see if I can find room for a small compressor.

those little porter cable pancake compressors are great if all you need to power with them is a finish nailer or two. and they have discount bundles that include the gun.

everyone has room for one of those, just put it under your bench or something, they're only 12"x18" or so.

Dewey, that is pretty cool. Costs as much as a small compressor, but very portable. I hadn't seen one of those before.

I have a little Arrow electric stapler/brad nailer. It will shoot 5/8" brads, but is really inconsistent. Sometimes it will shoot two or even three brads at a time. Before I got a compressor, I would use it for stapling fabrics and carpeting occasionally, but that was about it.

There have only been about a dozen compressor threads in the past few weeks. Choose wisely.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

They're junk. I have the Arrow brad nailer, and it may be the first time I actually toss a tool in the trash that isn't 'broken'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Broestler View Post
    They're junk. I have the Arrow brad nailer, and it may be the first time I actually toss a tool in the trash that isn't 'broken'.
    Yep, that's about how my electric makes me feel. My pneumatic drove about 100 brads yesterday. It jammed once. My electric (craftsman) jams every 10-20 brads.