Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Recommendations Needed for

Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    It has been recommended that if you have been happy with the tires that the truck/car came with, stick with them. The car was designed to work with that tire.
    Dave,

That was the reason I started this thread, I am not happy with the original tires.

We had the Bridgestone Dueler H/T D840's in 265/65SR17's with black walls. I am not sure how they compare to the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's you are considering.

To be fair, we thought they were okay tires until we replaced them after 45K with the Cross Terrains. We drive a seasonal mix of snow and rain here in South Central WI. The Toyota dealer reported we did a little better than average for wear and in their experience most get about 40K from the factory tires.

My theory on tires is to get the best ones for the vehicle, since they are all that keeps you on the road.

A reputation for craftsmanship is a responsibility
    to never take lightly.

Also, rotate your tires diligently to maximize wear and longevity. I do my vehicles every 5000 miles, just a simple front to back swap.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

The Alenzas seem to review much higher than the H/T version. But that's the same size for my Highlander if my memory is serving correctly.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Bob -- what was it about the tires that you did not like? Best place to start!

We have an older (2002) Nissan Pathfinder - Has about 90k on it now. Came with Bridgestone Dueler tires. They make quite a few different tires all branded under the Dueler name. They are not the same tire.

The OE tires on that car tended towards the light truck side of the Dueler line -- When it came time to replace them I went with a tire that was more of a highway SUV tire. This gave me a little more control - better in rain and also quiet.

In my area of the country I want a tire that is good in the wet as well as the dry weather - Some of the high mile 50k plus tires tend to be a little too hard for me in the rain. This car is also an extra car in the family - and as such I wanted a forgiving tire on it -- especially in the rain.