Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first creation

Nice work. Pretty darn good for a first piece, or for a second, third, fourth, etc., piece.

As far as obtaining mirrored glass, I've found it much, much cheaper to buy a finished mirror at a large retail store, then disassemble the factory mirror to reclaim the mirror glass. Glass shops can be brutal in their cost especially if the mirror is curved or has beveled edges.

Anyway...that's a nice looking piece, and being a hall mirror, all your friends and family will always see it. That's great!

-Jeff

Great job on the mission mirror Jared.

Where did you get your plan?

Clara,
    I'm one that plans and plans and plans things...and then I plan them again so I had a pretty good idea of exactly how I was going to build this thing before I started Problem is that I think I might plan a little too much beforehand rather than just getting in there and doing it.

All,
    Again, thanks for the kind words. I stumbled upon this website a few months ago and have found it to be a great place...tons of info and great ideas! Glad I found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Makiel View Post
    Nice work. Pretty darn good for a first piece, or for a second, third, fourth, etc., piece.

As far as obtaining mirrored glass, I've found it much, much cheaper to buy a finished mirror at a large retail store, then disassemble the factory mirror to reclaim the mirror glass. Glass shops can be brutal in their cost especially if the mirror is curved or has beveled edges.

Anyway...that's a nice looking piece, and being a hall mirror, all your friends and family will always see it. That's great!

-Jeff
    Jeffrey,
    I actually found a place here in Austin (turns out it was just down the road from the lumberyard where I got the wood) that cut the mirror for me. It was only about 35.00. Not sure if that is expensive or not having never purchased a custom size mirror before, but I thought it was a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by gary Zimmel View Post
    Great job on the mission mirror Jared.

Where did you get your plan?
    Gary,
    I was actually looking online for something for our house (we bought our first house about a year ago and have been trying to furnish it ever since). The link is: http://www.onewayfurniture.com/po993289.html

I sort of eye-balled the frame width based on the actual height and width in the specs. The table is what I'm hoping to build next for underneath it.

Very nice!!!!!!!

This looks great. Funny thing is, I've made a mirror very similar to this one, out of walnut, that is going in my entryway also. I am going to try and get a mirror for it this weekend so I can call it done.

Again, very nice...

Tony

My first creation

I think you did one fine job and the wood really matches up good. BARRY BRUNER