Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: things never to do when weedwacking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

things never to do when weedwacking

i thought that you guys might fidn this kinda funny, sucks for me though.

when you are weedwacking/trimming, never never never, stop to take a leak, never never. unless of course you go in and wash your hands first. or you could get some really uncomfortable poison ivy. oh yeah, never touch your face either.

i was cuting some little trees and branches with one of those blade attatchements. that was fun, but some how it threw poison ivy to my hands.
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Been there.....done that......and I'm extremely allergic to it. I've had it so bad that.......well.....does covered head to toes give you an idea??!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

i get it really bad, to the point where it shows up about 6 hours after contact. for some reason i just havent learned yet that i get poison easy. when i was like 9 i cut a poison ivy vine open not knowing what it was, and then got the juices right on my face. my eyes where so swollen, to open them i had to use my hands to open them

Sounds nasty! I have a friend who, in the days of his youth, did what normal frenzied hormonal youth do. Unfortunately, they picked an area with poison ivy in it. Kinda hard to explain to your parents the source of your swelling and itching.

I have been lucky for years. I had it a lot when I was a kid. The last time I got the Ivy Rash was when I was part of a TV news camera crew covering a large fire in Northern California. I never went near any areas that were not totally burned and the rash didn't show until a week later. The same thing happened to the cameraman.
    Never did get any in the groin area and can't imagine the misery that would cause.
    David B

gotta remember not to ich or it make cause some funny looks.

if you got it covering a fire you got it from the air, there must have been burning ivy

oflmao! thats funny.

That is extremely funny!! Having said that, in my work for our Habitat affiliate, the city donates lots for us to build on. Well the lots generally haven't had people on them in years and the poison ivy is extremely bad. It can be a real problem....Look at it this way you have a reason for some TLC from your mate

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rufener View Post
    Sounds nasty! I have a friend who, in the days of his youth, did what normal frenzied hormonal youth do. Unfortunately, they picked an area with poison ivy in it. Kinda hard to explain to your parents the source of your swelling and itching.
    So Bob, how did you explain it to your parents?

Bryan

Also wash your hands after working with CA glue and before going to the bathroom.

ben, that one is obvious. but then again has anyone seen the show with gene simmons, where a epoxys his hand to one of carrot heads "props"?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis rosche View Post
    ben, that one is obvious. but then again has anyone seen the show with gene simmons, where a epoxys his hand to one of carrot heads "props"?
    I have never laughed so hard as I did during that episode. Funniest TV moment ever if you ask me.

It's even worse though when your girlfriend gets poison ivy on her stomach and her boyfriend was known to have poison ivy in certain "areas" of his body. Try explaining that one next time you went over to her house!

Wile we're on this touchy subject.... I grew up with a kid that was in the cub scouts in the 4th grade. His troup went on an overnight camp out. They dug their own latrines, etc. Well, I guess he didn't get an arrow for that trip, 'cause he failed to recognize the poison ivy when he went to wipe. Poor boy couldn't walk for a while. His name? M. Crouch. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to write that down so I don't forget it.
    ......never go into the weeds for wacking.
    Got it.
    Use the fence Luke

DOUG! you cant say that, ha ha ha, thats a funny twist of words.

Jim, i got a better story than that. 4 years ago when i became a boyscout, we were camping at a place that had a huge feild and the whole feild was burn hasel. we had this one kid who you could get to do anything, we even lit his hand on fire after covering it with spray. we said we would give him 10$ to run through it in just his underwear. (there were other people there or it wouldve been funnier!) he ran through, got half way, turned around and looked at us and said that he didnt feel anything at all. so being dumb, he walked back slowly. by the time he got to the edge, he was almost crying. he swelled up real good.