Thread: firefox 3.0

firefox 3.0

I downloaded the new version of firefox today and now I can't cut and paste any artwork into corel. Not a big deal, but definitely annoying.
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3

Did you try Ctrl C ctrl V instead of edit, copy edit paste?

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

just tried it, still doesn't work.

Btw, it does text, just not pictures. I'm doing screen shots to take pictures off the net or saving the picture if it's large.
    ULS M-360 35W, Corel X3

Same thing here. However, I can paste into EVERY other program beside X3. (I have never seen buggier software than CorelDraw. It is truly amazing for a program of that age and that many revisions. I am an ex-developer of software and I would have fired my coding staff for this many goofs.)
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

There's a really good plugin for Firefox that captures anything on the screen called "fireshot". Have a look at that plug in and see if it fits your needs.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I am a big FireFox and Thunderbird fan. What I have been reading FireFox 3 is one where you need to wait a bit to download and install. On such a major release there are bound to be areas that need some additional attention that are not noticed until it hits the masses. Also a lot of the plug ins have not yet been written for FireFox 3. I am all for cutting edge, it is the bleeding edge that I try to stay away from, especially on production devices.

Todd
    Todd Schwartz - Des Moines, Iowa
    Universal VLS 4.60 (60W) / ShopBot Buddy / Sherline CNC Mill / MakerBot Replicator+
    CorelDraw X6 / Photograv 3 / FlashCut 4 / Aspire 9