Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $4 gallon gas benefits woodworkers

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I guess I don't see the logic, don't the small vendors also have to get their materials shipped from somewhere? Since the small retailers buy in smaller quantities, they can't get bulk pricing discounts and shipping small packages from lots of places to one location has to be more costly than shipping lots of stuff to a distribution center and then sending trucks with small quantities of lots of different things to one location.
    meh, just hoping that something economically will start bringing market share back to the small guys.

If the main reason people go to big box stores is low prices, and NO service .. and the pricing gap between the big boxes and locals start closing, then customer service starts to drive consumers.

Customer service then leads to better quality ( nobody wants to stand there and sell a crappy product ... )

call me an idealist, but hope keeps us going !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Zorns View Post
    I don't think it necessarily means better quality. If we put our minds to it, we can make crappy stuff here too. After all, we've learned from the best!
    I agree, Perfect example is the Vega Fence I just bought. Out of the box it took a lot of cleaning up sharp edges on parts and the fit and finish is not as great as it can be for a Made in USA product. But once I spent the time with it I'm happy but why should I have had to do that?