Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SawmillCreek Software Upgrade

I like it!!!!! I think its easier on the eyes for some reason.

Thanks

Rick
    Possumpoint

Thanks Aaron...looks great! I love it. The changes are definitely an improvement. I can read the threads much easier and the pages load faster. No problems here on my end!!

Jim,

The forum tree is now where the "Saw Mill Creek Array" is in the graphic you attached in your last message. You may have to force a refresh to load the page. It is working for me now but I did have to log out and back in earlier when Aaron was making changes.

I like the new look! I had Internet explorer time out on me for "security" reasons while I was typing a post, and I couldn't use the back button. I don't know if it's the new software, or a new security feature for internet explorer. Of course, I type slower than erosion, so it really isn't an issue anyway. Again, nice new look you have here.

It works for me. Well done.

This is exactly what my screen looks like. Logged out...cleared cookies...came back in. Still looks like this. But I can click on it...and go back to the front page.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

The new look is good. I agree with Tim though. Often my cursor stays in the middle of the screen. But when the preview pops up, it gets in the way of the threads. Hopefully it can be changed so you only get the preview when the cursor is on top of the words.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo

This is exactly what my screen looks like. Logged out...cleared cookies...came back in. Still looks like this. But I can click on it...and go back to the front page.
    Ditto. Cleared everything and re-logged in with no change.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

For those of you having a display issue (missing logo, etc):
    Log out, close all your browser windows completely. Then come back, and log back in. I made a change this morning that should fix everyone-

_Aaron_
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

All better now!
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock
    Hi Aaron. Well the format will take a little getting used to, but I will survive It looks like the screen was reorganized around to give the appearance of progress.

Is there something you can do with the "View New Posts" list? The General Woodworking and Power Tool forum takes up three lines in the listing, where one line is ideal. Being precise and terse is preferred over verbose titles
    I am not suggesting a forum name change, just a shortening of the forum name in the new posts listing.
    Ken,

Yes I know change can be a little difficult sometimes--but in a few weeks you'll really see a change in the workflow at SMC. There are a lot of changes that go much farther than simply appearing like progress; SMC is Much, much, MUCH more efficient (trust me).

The forum name wrapping over three lines has a lot to do with whether you have large fonts turned on in Windows, and what you have your screen resolution set at--these are client side settings over which we have no control.. unfortunately, we can't even detect those Windows settings and adjust our font size to compensate.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Outten
    Steve,

It's up in the right hand corner next to the logout button.

Jackie Outten
    Yep. It's here this morning. But wasn't last night. Maybe there was a cyber gremlin in here. lol
    Steve

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

A Little Help?

Aaron,

Any way to lock in my font, print size and color so I don't drive everybody crazy with the changes between computers???

What would it take to get Spell check on board??
    TX

TJH

PS Thanks for all the work and good luck on your new adventures.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I like the new look

Roger

Fonts and Colors

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Aaron,

Any way to lock in my font, print size and color so I don't drive everybody crazy with the changes between computers???

What would it take to get Spell check on board??
    TX

TJH

PS Thanks for all the work and good luck on your new adventures.
    Tyler,

We cannot control your fonts, colors or anything else on your computer. Microsoft didn't design their operating systems to allow for remote control and if you think about it you might not like our choices at all.

Adding spellcheck to SMC is possible but not practical. Besides the monetary cost there would be an additional load on our server which could be huge during peak periods.