Thread: Eisenbrand Exotic Hardwoods

Eisenbrand Exotic Hardwoods

Has anyone used Eisenbrand Hardwoods located in Torrance CA? I got a card the other day from them and a web site which I looked up and started comparing the prices and they seem to be about the same as other Exotic woods suppliers. I have used the Exotic Hardwoods in Carlsbad CA before and they seem a little less on their turning blocks. What I was really wondering, is Eisenbrand's turning blocks and lumber of good quality?
    TIA
    Dick Brown

The correct name for the supplier in Carlsbad is Tropical Hardwoods.
    Dick Brown

Question Affordable freight

I guess if you don't have access to local suppliers, shipping is the only way to go. Is that reasonably affordable? Do you have to order a lot to make it wortwhile? Can you do commercial work competetively that way?

Fortunately, I can get most of what I want in Houston. I know not everyone has that luxury. Just wondering.
    Every deed plants a seed.

Originally posted by Richard Brown
    The correct name for the supplier in Carlsbad is Tropical Hardwoods.
    Actually the name of the outfit is:

<b><a href="http://www.anexotichardwood.com/">Tropical Exotic Hardwoods of Latin America</a></b>

I went by there once when they were in their old location when I was in San Diego for a conference. Really nice people, they'll do anything to make sure the customer is happy. Just click on the name above to go there.

Jim Izat