Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Show me your tool rack

With all the different racks and storage systems of the members here in billions of threads is there a way we can post all the pictures of racks in one thread? and make it a sticky?

There is so many good ideas for lathe tool storage to research before building one,
    but the amount of threads to search thru is daunting...

thanks for all the help

here is my version

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phil harold; 06-16-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: linkin pic

STEVE???

This is a GREAT IDEA!

Might be good to do the same thing with shop pix... Just pictures, perhaps with links to appropriate threads???
    (I know, it would be a lot of work, but what a lot of help it would be for all)

Mine can be seen here, taken from Don Orr who took it from???

Quote Originally Posted by phil harold View Post
    With all the different racks and storage systems of the members here in billions of threads is there a way we can post all the pictures of racks in one thread? and make it a sticky?

There is so many good ideas for lathe tool storage to research before building one,

thanks for all the help

here is my version

Last edited by George Guadiane; 06-16-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Change One Thing

Quote Originally Posted by phil harold View Post

thanks for all the help

here is my version

This would be great. It can be daunting sometime using the search functions. You end up with so many threads that, while contain useful info, its just not the info really wanted at this point in time.

And Scott - I know this is an older thread, but do you actually spend much time turning, or do you just spend it buying tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ramsey View Post
    ENVY!!
    Scott, you have more turning tools than the Woodcraft store in Houston!
    I'm serious, next time I'm in there I will point them to this post, maybe
    they will stock up a bit after seeing it .
    I think he has more turning tools that Rockler, and BOTH Woodcraft stores in Houston!

I was warned about the slippery slope, but that is evidence of not sliding in, but rather diving in head first...

I'd show my tool storage, but Scott already posted a similar pic. Nothing to brag about. All I have is a set of the PSI HSS tools, the stuff that came with my lathe, and a few layout tools... Not even a chuck yet... Next pay period I hope... Since LOML and I are down to 1 income for now, I have to pace myself better with workshop buildup supplies...

FWIW, I took and reglued the lousy box that came from PSI into a tight fitting case. I may or may not actually sand it and finish it... Most likely not. My layout tools are on a set of wall mounted small parts cabinets.. As are the faceplate, spanners, knockout bar etc... from the lathe.
    Last edited by David Hostetler; 06-16-2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

GREAT IDEA, CY!
    Hoiw about a few more shots or even some plans to put one together for myself...
    Thanks in advance

How did you mount the pvc onto the lateral board?

You guys have WAY too many tools, and some inconveniently located. Here's an alternative. There's another rack at other end of lathe for centers, drill chuck, etc.
    Richard in Wimberley

I wish I had a real lathe, sigh...

Heres my version. I wanted a shelf to add a few things I am always using.

Scott

Here's mine - it took an afternoon to put together. Note that I have cane tips over the really sharp/pointy tools. It's on 4 swivel casters so I can easily move it wherever I want.
    Scott Hurley

11th Commandment: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's new lathe.

Hi,
    This is my tool rack with magnetic strips. I drilled 3/4 in holes in the bottom "shelf" for the handle ends to drop into to keep them from slipping. Never had one fall, and it takes both hands to remove the Sorby Multi Tip if I place the flat side against the magnet. It is only one step to the right to reach it while turning and is an incentive to put the last tool away.
    I do like a lot of the other ideas but have limited space.
    Mike
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe