Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show me your tool rack

Glenn I love your Poolwood covered in shavings, Just bagged up two 55 gal bags full off the new PM. Mine where very contrasted, mesquite and palo verde, brown and yellow. Did have help from my Grandson this last weekend, making all those shavings.

Thumbs up Clean!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyril Griesbach View Post
    I'm giving this a try without knowing what success I'll have posting the pictures. This rack is on a lazy susan bearing and is from plans I got from turning friend Rob Nelson.

this has to be the cleanest work space EVER....congrats...

Blog Entries
    Bruce,
    This question STILL haunts me.

I have saved maybe 20-30 pics over the last 2 years of just this subject and still can't decide what I should do.

I turned a pen at Rockler one day then jumped in like gang busters bought 6 used lathes all with some tools and accessories. Plus all the tools and accessories I have bought myself.
    With my 3520B (first lathe bought NEW) I had 7 in the shop. I did sell one the Jet 1236.
    Gonna sell off the others. Oh and gave my brother my Jet Mini and a chuck and turning chisel set. He bought my extra Woodcraft grinder and Wolverine system.

I have well over 50 Sorby chisels plus maybe another 20 of other brands, 8 chucks,a few vacuum systems and their chucks. different jaws on each chuck(hate changing them)
    Plus all the other stuff calipers ect. Hollowing tools(Scorpion and Stinger) list seems endless .

Nothing seems to fit my needs and tools are resting on the TS, my 6"Jointer is nice for lining up my chucks on.LOL

I keep going out to the shop after looking at pics of others solutions trying to get a REVOLATION and SEE the Light, but so far it has Eluded me.

This was my attempt on my Jet 1442 and my Bench full of stuff.

Remember, you are NOT your post count.
    American & Proud
    ~Powermatic 3520B~
    "The GOLDStandard since 1921"
    Graphtec CE5000-60, FlexiSIGN PRO 8.6v2, Refine MH871,
    Photoshop CS5 Extended, Illustrator CS5, CorelDRAW X4, Wacom Intuos3 6x11, Wacom Cintiq, Dual 24" LCD's on MoView Stand, GraphixCALC Pro 2.0.4, QuickBooks 2010, Grain Fraim.

Scott you most be related to me. I just love tools..... I was able to pick up two hospital med carts (13 drawer) the other day for $125 each. Lockable, big casters, roll over cords, and my anti fatigue matting I have all over the shop. I had enough hand tools to fill both. The quality is similar to snap on tool box, all heavy duty roller bearings, smooth original cost over $2500 new, each. I also have 2 of the borg rolling tool box/cart $99 specials, one for chucks, beal buffing system, morse taper drill bits, ect...you can see it under the table I built for my tools. The other I placed all my drill bits and drivers in, and 2 table top sanders one ocsillating and one belt/disc. I also have 2 other rolling tool boxes,full of wrenches, taps, all my extra stuff.....wish I could find two more med. carts they are the best. I was lucky when it came to lathes, I got to read yours and Ken's posts. I traded for my Delta/Rockwell 46-450 lathe came with 3 boxes of tools, plates, ect...only had $300 in the gun I traded. Fell in love with turning, and with your advice, Kens and few other posts I'd read, along with my wife telling me to buy what I want instead of buying someones trouble, I bought my PM3520b. Best money I ever spent.

Scott here is a previous post showing the tools I got with my first lathe.

My tool storage is in this thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=70954
    God is great and life is good!

I just finished these racks over the weekend. Got tired of using the top of my bench for tool storage. Now I can use it for wood storage

--
    Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paul I think you and Bill are tied for the cleanest most organized shop's I've ever seen. Had the neighbors 5 year old son, and his dad (over the road trucker) stop by the shop last week, the 5 year old kept saying its dirty in here. Put him on the end of the Festool CT-22 vac, kept him busy for 2 1/2 hours. I think he's around his mom to much, when I was a boy I loved to make the mess, guess I haven't got out of the boyhood stage yet...only 50 maybe I will grow up someday.

Here is mine but the lathe is now turned 90 deg from where it is sitting now with the stand enclosed. I like the way this setup works.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

This is one I built same idea as a fishing pole holder I built.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Douglass View Post
    This is one I built same idea as a fishing pole holder I built.
    You guys with talent scare me ...

My cobbling allows me to take my tools with my mobile lathe
    stand wherever I roll it and they are close at hand.

Nicely done Ron. Mobile and organized, very nice portable set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Hodges View Post
    Here's mine.
    He Glenn I think you stole your storage Idea from me Nice lathe by the way.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hubl View Post

I turned a pen at Rockler one day then jumped in like gang busters bought 6 used lathes all with some tools and accessories. Plus all the tools and accessories I have bought myself.
    With my 3520B (first lathe bought NEW) I had 7 in the shop. I did sell one the Jet 1236.
    I have well over 50 Sorby chisels plus maybe another 20 of other brands, 8 chucks,a few vacuum systems and their chucks. different jaws on each chuck(hate changing them)
    Plus all the other stuff calipers ect. Hollowing tools(Scorpion and Stinger) list seems endless .
    ENVY!!
    Scott, you have more turning tools than the Woodcraft store in Houston!
    I'm serious, next time I'm in there I will point them to this post, maybe
    they will stock up a bit after seeing it .

I think Glen's is better looking than mine, but our floors look the same

Laurie