Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Attention: All Veterans

That is fantastic man. I am a vet, recently medically retired after serving over nine years; 2004-2008 USMC 2008-2013 USA as a combat engineer and served 3 tours in iraq and afghanistan. I am now going to school and putting everything together to open my own business, a wood shop. I make shadow boxes, award displays, stuff like that. BUT i am teaching myself how to do all of this thru books, videos, advice, and a lot of trial and error. I have not heard of the freedom pens, but i can tell you that anytime i got something in the mail that someone made for me, someone they will prolly never see, it made me feel pretty damn good, considering the circumstances.

Guys...... Thanks for your service but..... This thread is 9 years old and Waymon, the OP, has not logged on to Saw Mill Creek since 2005.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

December 1977 to April 1999. U.S. Army and Army Reserve.
    Call me Jim, James seems so stuffy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

US Army; US Army Corps of Engineers; Combat Engineer; Enlisted & Commissioned; Major-Retired, 26 Years ~ Present: Retired Reserve, subject to recall

The toughest part of my military service and career was ending it.

Max Taylor-USN 43 to 45. my ship received the last act of agression from Japan with 2 suicide planes the evening before atomic bomb #2. 26 killed. served 1 yr, 4mos. &10 days. seems like yesterday. Thank you all for your service. Max Taylor.

@Ken, it's all good. This is a long running thread, I'm a lurker, but a long time member. I like to hear from these guys from time to time.

@Jeff, I started in '87 enlisted, retired 2014, USMC finished CWO. Recallable for a few years yet. We'll see... Semper-Fi!

@Max, what ship were you on? Most of my family is Navy or Army. I'm the only Marine. I'm a big history buff. Like to hear your story... Take care...

Robert 1969 to 1981 US Navy

A very thoughtful gesture and one that a Marine would be proud of. Here's one from north of the border, Royal Canadian Navy 2001 (started basic training a week after 911) to present. Currently serve as Combat Officer on board Her Majesty's Canadian Ship PRESERVER. Brother serves as a Sniper in the Royal Canadian Regiment, my dad and uncle were both in the army reserves, my grandfather was with the Dragoons in WII and I had four other grand uncles that fought as well. It is an honour to serve but it is more of an honour to represent the lineage of service that I am apart of. Pro Patria.
    "A true man does not only stand up for himself, he stands up for those that do not have the ability to".
    William Lyon MacKenzie King

I love reading this old thread.

Here are my creds:
    Dropped out of college in my freshman year, much to the disgruntlement of my parents, to satisfy the itch a dynamic campus military recruiter gave me. Joined the USNR in 1967, attended an advanced Class A Technical School in San Diego, served two years and two tours of duty in Vietnam (of which 7 weeks was on board a Swift Boat), discharged in San Diego, California, and spent 13 more years in the Navy Reserves in MIUW 1421 (support team for the Seals). Didn't always like what I was doing but never regretted a minute of it.

I have the utmost respect for veterans.

I quit school and bummed around for a bit. At 17, i joined the Army. Served three tours in Vietnam with the combat Engineers before i was sent home. 100 percent disabled because of my service.