Thread: Gasket Material

Gasket Material

I see several posts in this forum for Clearvue Mini Cyclones towers. I have the Cyclone, but I don't have the gasket material. I am defiantly getting an updraft in my cyclone. At first I thought it was my vacuum (commercial grade), but I am pretty sure it is the 5 gallon bucket and mdf ring that I made. I can't find any type of 11.5 - 12" gasket at the store.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to use? I see many people routing out a gap for some type of gasket material?

I checked with Plumbing at the local BORG, but now I am thinking maybe weather stripping, but that may be too thin.

Thanks,

Chris
    Almost 10 years of WWing and something tells me I'm going to stay a Newbie the rest of my life, but still having all kinds of fun doing it.

For my ClearVue mini cyclone I built a box out of 3/4" plywood and the top and where the cyclone mounts needed a gasket. Most large cities will have a company that specializes in "Power Transmission" i.e. belts, pulleys. etc. Most of them stock rubber or neoprene gasket material. I went down to the store ask about the gasket material. They had cutoff scraps in the back and bought about a yard of rubber gasket material for $5 and it worked great.

Good Luck

Alan

Well, no luck with the weather stripping, looks like I'm going to the Auto Store, Thanks Alan
    Almost 10 years of WWing and something tells me I'm going to stay a Newbie the rest of my life, but still having all kinds of fun doing it.