Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Miter Gauge Would You Get?

1000SE here. I later added the sled, and love it. I wear bifocals too, and I don't have any trouble reading the scale.

FWIW Woodpeckers has a sale on INcra's right now. Dont know how these prices compare to other places though.

[View Source]
    #ccwebmailmsgbody .table { FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif} #ccwebmailmsgbody .broadcast { FONT-SIZE: 14px; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif} #ccwebmailmsgbody .style2 { FONT-WEIGHT: bold}

WOODPECKERS FINNFORM SALE
    Phenolic Coated Baltic Birch plywood is waterproof, abrasion resistant and has incredible screw holding strength. That's why Woodpeckers' uses it for some of our high quality products. This is the last time we'll offer this product until sometime this fall, so take this opportunity to stock up on this great jig & fixture material. Available in 3/4 and 1” thickness.
    Orders for this material need to be placed by midnight Friday May 23th. Plywood will ship beginning Monday June 16th . Please allow 7-10 days to receive your shipment.
    SHIPPING COST : The shipping cost from the web site should be accurate; however, if there's a discrepancy between what is indicated and actual, we'll let you know before we ship.

Part #
    ITEM #
    Sale Price
    eCLUB Price
    SAVE
    Coupon Code
    FF34-2448
    3/4” x 24 x 48
    Phenolic Coated Birch Ply
    Exterior Glue. Orders accepted until 5/23/08 . Ships after 6/16/2008 .
    $59.95
    $48.95
    $11.00
    FF11
    FF1-2448
    1” x 24 x 48
    Phenolic Coated Birch Ply
    Exterior Glue. Orders accepted until 5/23/08 . Ships after 6/16/2008 .
    $69.95
    $58.95
    $11.00
    FF11

http://www.woodpeck.com/fbplywood.html

GRIPPER ADVANCED
    The Grippper is a push block on steroids. It significantly increases the amount of surface area gripping your work piece. A typical push block rests on the piece between the saw blade and fence. The Gripper is actually two blocks in one .

Part #
    Sale Price
    eCLUB Price
    SAVE
    Coupon Code
    GR200
    $69.95
    $59.95
    $10.00
    GR10

http://www.woodpeck.com/gripper.html

INCRA MITER 1000SE
    INCRA's Miter1000SE is unmatched for angle accuracy, miter track fit, fence quality and repeatability. There are many after market miter gauges for you to choose from, but the choices get pretty slim if you want something substantially better then what your saw came with.

Part #
    Sale Price
    eCLUB Price
    SAVE
    Coupon Code
    M1TSWP
    $159.95
    $129.95
    $30.00
    MG30

http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter1kse.html

INCRA MITER 1000SE & MITER EXPRESS COMBO
    Incra's 1000SE Miter Gauge and Miter Express make's a great combination. The1000SE featuring an adjustable glide lock miter bar, incremental miter head and flip-stop style fence. Both the 1000SE and Miter Express quickly lock together into a miter sled capable of supporting much wider panels.
    Made in U.S.A.
    Part #
    Sale Price
    eCLUB Price
    SAVE
    Coupon Code
    ME1000SE
    $289.95
    $259.95
    $30.00
    ME30

http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter1kse.html
    http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiterexpress.html

WOODPECKERS STOCK GRIP FENCE
    Anyone who's used a miter gauge to cut angles knows that a saw blade has a tendency to pull the stock into the blade. There are a few tricks for reducing this tendency. The best are to increase the friction between the work piece and the fence and to use hold down clamps where possible.
    Woodpeckers Stock Grip Fence provides both of those features. The fence itself is coated with a non-slip coating to grip the stock and the top of the replaceable MDF fence is capped with a T-Track which engages a toggle clamp to hold the material down. Better yet, the MDF fence does a terrific job of acting as a zero clearance fence to reduce tear out on the back side of the board.
    If you're using the Stock Grip Fence on a MITER 5000 or MITER EXPRESS, you can add more clamps for more hold down pressure.
    Part #
    Sale Price
    eCLUB Price
    SAVE
    Coupon Code
    MGAUXFNC
    $32.95
    $27.95
    $5.00
    AF5
    TGSET
    $18.95
    $13.95
    $5.00
    TG5

http://www.woodpeck.com/auxfence.html
    http://www.woodpeck.com/tgset.html

INCRA MITER 5000
    Every table saw comes with a miter gauge. A miter gauge is indispensable for cross cutting smaller work. But when it comes to handling wider or longer material, a miter gauge may not be enough. The Incra MITER 5000 Miter Sled is designed to deliver all the support and accuracy needed when cutting larger panels.

Part #
    Sale Price
    eCLUB Price
    SAVE
    Coupon Code
    M5K
    $249.95
    $229.95
    $20.00
    MG20

http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiter5k.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Specials cannot be combined with any other discounts.
    Expires midnight PST FRIDAY 5/16/08. NEW TO E-CLUB? It's simple; take advantage of any or all of the above specials by entering coupon codes in the coupon field when checking out. However, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers. Not valid on prior purchases.
    Trouble viewing these products? http://www.woodpeck.com/eclubspecials.html
    This weeks E-Club offer is EXCLUSIVE to E-Club members.
    http://www.woodpeck.com
    Have a good weekend.
    Richard Hummel, President
    Woodpeckers Inc.
    11050 Industrial First
    North Royalton, OH 44133
    1-440-230-2442
    -----------------------------------------------------

Shop online at www.woodpeck.com or phone us at 1-800-752-0725.Unsubscribe me from this mailing list

Use the fence Luke

Blog Entries
    I have the Kreg miter gauge and so far it has proven to be very accurate. Set up took only a few minutes.

Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

The Osborne EB3 is $109 + shipping now on their website.

Great question Gerold. I too have been struggling with which miter gauge to buy. I am trying to decide between the Incra 1000se and the Kreg. Anyone used both?

thanks

Osborne EB3

Greetings & Salutations,

I searched around and decided on the EB3 from Osborne.

It only took a few minutes to have it ready to use and I find
    that it is dead on for the presets such as 45's which is what
    I have used it for along with a 30 degree a time or two.

As to the rarely used angles I do not know how that would
    work out but the markings are bold and I think it would be
    easy enough to repeat.

I like the fact that it is easily reversible to either side of
    the blade along with the fact that the fence itself can be
    adjusted to be as close to the blade as you want it.

The stop is simple to adjust and repeat cuts are right on.

Gene Miller
    And to think it only took me 2 weeks 26 hours and 43 minutes to get that top flat.

I have been looking for a while now. On the fence between Incra 1000SE, or the Osbourne EB-3. Right now leaning towards the EB-3 just due to its slightly lower pricing. I use a sled for 90 deg cuts. So my interest is soley for mitering cuts. I may build a sled for 45 deg cuts. Not sure if I have the time this summer or not.

I have the 1000SE and love it. In fact, this is my second, as I was going to sell my table saw at one point and go to a guided circular saw system. I sold the miter gauge before I decided that was not the way to go, so I bought another.

Hartville Tool has them on sale for $125, and also has free shipping on orders over $75.
    http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/11038

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Genovesi View Post
    I went with the JDS Accu-Miter.

This miter gage is the best I've ever used. It is heavy and does take about 45 minutes or so to set up and tune to your saw. Once complete I don't think there's another miter gage on the market that compares.

While I did order the hold down clamp I didn't find it very useful so I deep six'd it shortly thereafter.
    Another vote here for the JDS, and again, without the hold down. I tried the Jessem and didn't find it any better than the JDS.

I looked at the kreg and incra wound up with a 1000se although I have not used it much looks pretty good.
    -=Jason=-

I have the JDS Accu Miter and find it great, but it is heavy! The hold down was useless at first, but the I mounted the whole setup into the Incra Miter Express http://www.woodpeck.com/incramiterexpress.html and use it almost excusively. The hold down works great when it's on a sled!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Prince View Post
    It's not a souped up Kreg. JDS was on the market long before Kreg was even a gleam in it's daddy's eye.

Sorry, I didn't mean to set anyone on edge here. How about I go with "the Kreg appears to be a watered down version of the jds."

I wassent hatin on your jig, man.

Jim

13. I have the JDS as well. I like it a lot.

Ironically, I like the holddown clamp because I used the miter guage to trim down panels for doors, drawers, etc.

Because that is my main application, I eventually upgraded to the Jessem Miter Slide. Which is considerably more expensive, but I wish I had done it long ago.

You might want to consider avoiding spending 100-150 on a premium miter guage and going straight to the Miter-Slide.. It's truly awesome. Again, I kick myself for not buying one as soon as they came out..

Based on your stated use, segmented turning, I recommend the 1000se with the sled. PM my BIL, Bill Wyko. Bill tried a lot of different methods and found that the 1000se allowed him to cut segments to a tenth degree accuracy by using a vernier adjustment. You could as easliy double that resolution by moving the vernier halfway between graduations (half of a tenth degree) or quaduple it by judging a one quarter of a graduation. Bill uses it like this, cuts his segments, and glues them together with no addition sanding.

Incra M5k sled is in my shop but I must admit I have no expeience with any of the others mentioned here. The indexing stops make it dumb proof...which I really, really, REALLY need!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.