Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday May 2nd, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Beginning the 5th month of 2008 already. Time really flies.

Weather is not the greatest up this way. It's been cool and today T-storms and rain. At least the cooler weather has kept the grass from going crazy. I just got the JD fixed, ignition switch, so I can get the snow thrower off and the mower deck on. I'll have to mow in the next few days.

I've been able to get the basement squared away for a new toyl. Pics etc. once it's all set up. Next is the shop so I can get busy on those projects that have been piling up.

Foot is better. I can go longer walking or standing before the heel starts hurting. Then, I just have to get off it for a short time before it feels better again. I'm really looking forward to it being all better.

I've got a friend coming over to help with some wiring for the new toyl this weekend and finish setting up the toyl. I've got lights to put up yet also. So I'll be pretty busy this weekend, rain or shine, at least as long as the foot holds out. I'll be watching the race on Sunday. Beatin and bangin from Richmond.

What's up in your neck of the woods? Some fun, games, work, play? Maybe take in a Cinco de Mayo celebration? Sit back and have a margarita?

Whatever it may be I hope it's enjoyable and above all SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Still suffering from the back injury, but getting well enough to have gotten out last night with beasty to hit the local Williams Sonoma store to look at chef's knifes for me.

Had the gal there convince Beasty we needed a 13" brazier and 12" fry pan by Allclad, she stays home next time..
    Any way...did manage to get over to the knife's and picked up a nice Wusthof Ikon Classic 8" chef knife.
    With the back still sore, fine tuning that may be all I'll be doing this weekend, maybe get out and look at the TV stand...maybe a little sanding too...maybe depending on how I feel.

Weather sucks here too, so don't feel to bad about not being able to get the boat out for a little fishing, but hopefully next weekend.

Good to hear your getting better Karl.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

I need to finish up setting up my new saw. All the parts for the wiring are here now so I can do that and I still need to take care of dust collection and final adjustment. Sunday there is a flea market nearby that has traditionally been a good source of tools from what I've heard so I plan to check that out. Then hopefully I'll get started on the bookshelf I'm building for my mom.

The storms are supposed to be hear any time now and last through tomorrow night. I skipped my ww club's Galoot meeting last night to get the lawn mowed. I don't think it could have waited until Sunday.

Got a PAYING gig!!

I'll be doing my turning demo today and Saturday and the spring fling sale at WWS. Only this time it's not the WoodTek. It's the VS mini from another company which shall remain nameless at this point - but there go my "root for SCTW" privileges on here---if you get my drift!!!!

Should be fun!

Sunday will be a day to recuperate!! I'll need it after two days of standing on my feet.
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

It's going to be beautiful here!! Low to mid 70's Sat. and Sun., and no clouds. And I have to work Sat 1/2 day. I need to repair the sidewalk at the shop where I broke it out to get the water to drain a year ago New Years Eve. Might try to install the Biese fence on the TS-3612. I need that done. But probably no actual woodworking. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Al...check out the Global all stainless knives. I absolutely LOVE them...

Well, Karl, I'll be back working on Nastia's bedroom. I got the wall built last weekend including electrical and wiring and started the mud work during the week when I had a few minutes. I should have the mud finished by sometime late on Saturday and will get it trimmed out and start the painting on Sunday. She "should" be able to move in next weekend...and will be doing the "dance of joy" accordingly. I'll also be taking down a little more of the old trim in the great room on Sunday as the refinished floor will be dry by then...last coat goes on today...and the painters start in that room on Monday. (It's a nearly two story tall room and not something I'm willing to paint myself, so the same pros who did the addition will be working in there. Ching...ching...but worth it)

In my free time when not waiting for things to dry, I'm going to try and get the shop cleaned up a little as it's a disaster area right now, and get the glass in the doors for the wet bar cabinet. I'll also try to get the new 52" LCD up and running in the new multi-purpose room so the "old" 30" LCD can move to the new master bedroom. Oy...it's like moving again!
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-02-2008 at 9:33 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Greetings all,

The electrician finally showed up last night and installed a 100 amp sub panel in my shop so I finally have power! I will add a few outlets and a lighting circuit over the weekend. You can check out our house/shop project here:
    http://www.azcraig.us/New_House_Project.html

I also need to get one of our vintage travel trailers ready for ebay. I'll paint a new turquoise stripe on the side and replace one or two water damaged birch panels on the interior.

Jill had her last chemo yesterday! YEA!!!! I will have to keep pretty quiet as she sleeps through the weekend.

Have fun,

Craig McCormick

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Karl & Al,
    Get better.
    Headed back to the Minniapple to check on the house, see the family do a little packing and shopping.
    The real reason is to attend a trackor repair/maintenance class 1/2 way in Duluth so I thought I'd keep on going.

Spent sometime at my new volunteer gig, meeting some of the local and prepping for a project.

Also got to observe some boat building classes in process. Hope to attend next year.

Have a safe weekend.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Not much WW going on here. Doing a little bit of eletrical work on the house. My Dad and I are moving the house over to 3ph and a new 200 amp sub panel. That will eat up most of the day. Think I will let the old man do the work and I will just hand him the tools. This is one of those jobs that needs to be done right the first time!

Also.. Karl I hate for you to miss the race this weekend. Check your listings but I think it is set for Saturday night on Fox.
    Dave
    aka The Putz

probably nothing in the shop - need to get out in the yard and do some cleaning/gardening and make the place look respectable.

My week-end schedule; cut firewood tomorroe and burn down an old farmhouse on Sun.

Since I spent my evenings this week working on the yard, I might be able to get away from that this weekend.

Tonight I go to pick up my eldest from college for the summer. The trip is about 1 1/2 hours one way. Looking forward to her being home for a while, her school years was rough and we can all use a little time off.

Tomorrow, will be spent in and around the shop and Sunday will be spent falling trees for next winters heating saeson.

Cheers,
    Fred
    While Genuis may be handicapped by limits, Stupidity does not suffer the same affliction - Let's be careful out there!

Jim, I looked at them, Shun and a half dozen others, the G2 looked like a very nice knife, but I like the way the Ikon feels, I didn't care for the straight handled design of the Global.
    The Ikon just fit nice, but your right, they are nice..so was that $400 Shun, but even that didn't feel quite right...plus the "LOOK" I got when I mentioned the price..

Check the Ikon Classic out next time your out, it has the tapered Bolster which the other German knifes didn't have.

Tyler, you get down this way give a call, we'll hobble over for a burger or something, Lori wants to get them spring rolls again....

Al...who with a new sharp kinfe is buying more band aids.
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Vacation week:

Saturday = Pickup new sliding patio door for the bedroom

Sunday = Pickup 1955 DeWalt MBF RAS.

Monday = Install new sliding patio door in bedroom

Tuesday and Wednesday = Rebuild front wall of workshop and install new door

Thursday = Build stand for MBF

Friday = Sleep In
    No matter where you go, there you are. B. Banzai

Well, what I will probably be doing is cleaning up THIS out of my backyard(most of it is a beaver lodge that that floated in from a little stream up the way).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm only responsible for what I say, not for how it is understood