Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Woodwork

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Costello View Post
    Khalid,
    We are just beginning the research and what we would do with a CNC machine. I am very interested in custom signage, but I don't want to do large signs. So, at this point in time, we are dreaming and learning. Your machine looks very nice. I hope you do very well with it.
    Okay... thanks for appreciations words...I hope you will make one and enjoy it...

last week i worked on scenery...So here are the pictures of it... The scenery was designed by my Wife and i carved it...The tool used is 12.5mm 60Degree V-bit with 5mm DOC/pass... It took 3.5 Hours to machine at 80IPM... The estimated time by VCARVE PRO was 3 hours and 45 minutes..that was too close

The material i used is 12mm MDF....

The scenery require finishing and colour...I called the painter today to colour it..It will take time.. I will machine a decent frame for this scenery...

A couple of days ago i designed and carved a table. The material of the table is MDF. I used 12.7 mm 60Degree tool with 80IPM..Total time of carving and cutting took 2.5Hr's..
    MDF is 12.5mm thick. It looks beautiful, but i still have to stain it and give the colour of wood

Vector art designing and adjustment done by my wife and the rest of the table and its dimensions and style of legs were created by me... VCarve Pro 4.6 used for carving toolpath generation and Mach3 Quantum used as a controller software
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmm..I got the painting job done on the scenery....and I am pretty happy with overall outlook...Now I have to make a decent frame for it....
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (80.7 KB, 24 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (63.9 KB, 18 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (79.6 KB, 78 views)

Kahalid,
    I am very impressed with the work you and your wife have done!
    Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Currently I am involved in making some box type sitting arrangement (5' x 2' x 1.5') for one of my drawing room corner....Attached picture shows one of the many pieces under carving operation...

Designing and toolpath generation carried out in VCarve Pro 4.6...I will show the details as i am proceed in this new venture...This part is 300 x 250mm and carving time was about 56Minutes...

I love wood burning effects in the mango wood
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (88.0 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (96.4 KB, 31 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (63.1 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (58.5 KB, 46 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (57.5 KB, 45 views)

Khalid,

That is some very nice work you are doing. Could you describe your painting/finishing process on the MDF? How do you get the wood grain effects on the material? Thanks.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis basically the first two coats were undercoat especially for MDF...This retard the absorption of paint and protect it fron weather..

Then two coats of oil based paint for surface preparation..Staining the carved letter and Finally the texturing carried out with little darkish colour.... Laquer was applied after drying of paint....

Attached are some more work on panels for my sitting arrangement and the Wood is MANGO wood abundantly found here...
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (76.9 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (65.5 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (71.6 KB, 26 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (91.6 KB, 22 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (58.4 KB, 39 views)

Few more pictures ohh..the total time for painting of scenery is approx. a week
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (80.9 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (91.2 KB, 29 views)

A couple of days ago, I recieved one of my Chest bench in assembled form... At that time i have no camera so couldn't post pics...Todayi got oppurtunity and took some snaps....Still no sanding no polishing with no cushions.. The second one will be recieved tomorrow Hope to see ur comments...
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (55.9 KB, 52 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (51.4 KB, 33 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (52.9 KB, 50 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (51.3 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (49.3 KB, 36 views)

I love to post photos...so my first post allowed me to post only 05 out of 10..so i made it to post in the next one Although the details are not visible and the quality of pictures are bad...but i love to post...

nice work

I have one question and one suggestion
    question - what are the dimensions?
    Suggestion - you should start a new thread with each new project unless they are related, otherwise the threads get rather long, also it will make it easier to search through them later. just my opinion
    please post a completed photo when you finish, it I would like very much to see it.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

that is beautiful, kahlid i met tony mac and james booth yesterday, we are using thier work here at iwf and they are comming to uor booth on friday to give a demo of thier programs, i will video it if you want to see it

jim mcgrew

Quote Originally Posted by james mcgrew View Post
    that is beautiful, kahlid i met tony mac and james booth yesterday, we are using thier work here at iwf and they are comming to uor booth on friday to give a demo of thier programs, i will video it if you want to see it

jim mcgrew
    Jim...Pay my compliments to Tony Mac... I will be very happy to see the video...As far as VCARVE PRO is concerned, it is very easy and user friendly...
    It took me only one hour to completly grasp CUT3D and Vcarve Pro..

I saw ur work..it is very interesting..I hope u will keep posting...

Quote Originally Posted by jAMES jARAGOSKY View Post
    I have one question and one suggestion
    question - what are the dimensions?
    Suggestion - you should start a new thread with each new project unless they are related, otherwise the threads get rather long, also it will make it easier to search through them later. just my opinion
    please post a completed photo when you finish, it I would like very much to see it.
    Jim J.
    Thanks JIM for appreciation..
    The dimensions of chests are 5' x 2' x 1.7 ' and 4' x 2' x 1.7'. I recieved the second one a couple of days ago. Still equire sanding and polishing... Have no time to do
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (74.0 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (62.3 KB, 43 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (85.6 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (100.3 KB, 41 views)