Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Woodwork

Following is pictures of Mirror frame i did yesterday...
    Attached Images Attached Images

some more stuff..

Very nice work Khalid. If you haven't, you should check out cnczone.com. They have a good forum there with lots of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Leiwig View Post
    Very nice work Khalid. If you haven't, you should check out cnczone.com. They have a good forum there with lots of stuff.
    Dear Justin Leiwig:

Thank You very much for posting in my thread and for appreciation of my work..I am an active member of CNCzone...

Following mooze seen designed by me in Artcam Pro and u will see pictures of that being machined on my mill..

I am building my second router out of MDF...Following are My second router parts...I am drafting and cutting on existing router... I made a 4-flute tapping die for threading teflon nuts...I will use 5/8" 5TPI ACME threaded rod as lead screw...

On sunday i did some work on my Z-axis. Following are the pics assembling in progress

Keyboard is in my lap...with full of MDF dust....I manage to complete most of my MDF parts for my second router...The only part left to machine is Router mount plate ... I dont know How i can secure my router(spindle)... I have the same router installed at my 1st machine... It has the metallic base but in this case(MDF machine) i dont have any idea of its mounting arrangement
    Hmmm...i will meditate for solution .....

Few more pictures...

So at last i manage to make holding plate for my new Router...This router is different from previously installed in my all steel machine... So i came up with a different solution... I also manage to machine the MDF sliding blocks holding plate..You can see in picture violet colour...

In last i have posted the picture of my machine ...
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (61.5 KB, 26 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (69.5 KB, 18 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (36.7 KB, 20 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (60.2 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (99.6 KB, 53 views)

How the peoples are... Why are u all saving ur words.. Please post ur comments..

Khalid,
    I am very happy to see your progress as you make and use your machine. My husband and I are still in the planning stages of getting or making a CNC machine. Your detailed photos of your progress and your end results are very informative and admirable.

You are doing a great job!
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

It looks good.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Costello View Post
    Khalid,
    I am very happy to see your progress as you make and use your machine. My husband and I are still in the planning stages of getting or making a CNC machine. Your detailed photos of your progress and your end results are very informative and admirable.

You are doing a great job!
    Thank you LEIGH for ur kind words of appreciation... Making a CNC machine is a very pleasent and unforgetable experience......One question, Have u any experience of CNC before?...What sort of work u r planning to get out of CNC machine...

I am very close to commission my this machine...Almost all Mechanical work completed...All the axis moving very smoothly on DIY linear rails...I am having no Racking issues... My wife painted the machine and its look pretty good...

Some information regarding my new machine
    1- The size of my table is 60" x 44"
    2- The working area is 48" x 34"
    3- The travel of Z-axis is 7"
    4- i am using ACME screw (5/8"-5TPI)... The length of long axis(X-axis)is 62" and the small axis(Y-axis) is 46"... the length of the z-axis ACME screw is 17"...
    Last edited by Khalid Khattak; 05-16-2008 at 7:17 AM.

Khalid,
    We are just beginning the research and what we would do with a CNC machine. I am very interested in custom signage, but I don't want to do large signs. So, at this point in time, we are dreaming and learning. Your machine looks very nice. I hope you do very well with it.
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.