Thread: Bosch customer service A+

Bosch customer service A+

I broke the reversing switch on my PS20 this weekend. Sent Bosch an email and got a response this am requesting I fax them info. Faxed info about 10 am got a phone call at noon letting me know they were shipping a replacement head unit 2 day air as the switch is back ordered. Can't ask for a much better response than that. (I did register online with the purchase info, so I guess it helps.)

A+ has been my experience also.

I also agree; very knowledgeable, very efficient, very fast. Contrast that with the Dewalt Service Net (for Dewalt, Delta, PC, etc) which, at least to me, is an unusable place to get parts and certainly no advice.

I agree, I called about an obscure part and the guy on the phone knew exactly what I was talking about, gave me a part number, and transferred me to the guy I give my info to. That guy also knew exactly what I was talking about, took my details and sent the part. I thought I was going to be sitting on the phone for a half hour explaining what I was talking about.

I'll add my agreement. I had a problem with a Bosch router and the answer I got when I called was, "Bring it in and we'll repair it or give you a new one - no charge." (there's a repair center local to me)

No arguments, no BS, just an immediate response that they'll make it right. Just can't ask for more than that.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I will agree that their customer service is good, it's the quality of the switches that they use that I question. I've seen numerous posts about Bosch switches that have "broken." I requested a refund and got it after my ROS quit working the second time after very little use. I have no idea why it quit the second time, but since it wouldn't run when I turned on the switch that's what I think stopped working. The first time the switch "broke."
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

My EVS1617 router has the switch problem, otherwise an excellent product. THe machine makes a slight internal vacuum which pulls very fine dust into the unsealed switch and eventually grounds it out causing the router to quit. I have assembled a kit with the necessary metric torx drivers and am able to remove the switch, blow it out, and reinstall in under 5 minutes. I would vastly prefer they would develop a better switch for tools that make dust like those used by PC or Makita.

It is particularly troublesome when the tool quits in the middle of routing a work piece but I have come to enjoy the INDY PIT CREW aspect of getting it back on line quick! I refused their offer to send me another copy of the same crappy switch. Otherwise I have never need Bosch service which makes me enjoy Bosch tools even more.