Thread: Cherry Tree Alert! Bucks County PA

Cherry Tree Alert! Bucks County PA

RED ALERT! RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

So I'm driving home tonight and my internal "turning stock" radar starts going off like mad. I know I'm near something, but just can't see it. That is, until I pull up a bit and see that the road crews have been out and have cut down a pretty substantial wild cherry tree. I estimate the tree to have been at least 22" to 28" diameter at the base. Several of the pieces were just too big for me to handle. But I managed to get (3) nice size ones into the back of my truck.

I just unloaded them and painted the end-grain. And BOY! am I beat! The biggest chunk must have weighed around 200lbs!

The trees are located on the right side of Rt# 322, between Buck Road and Newtown/Richboro Road, heading towards Tyler State Park.

As I was pulling away, I noticed another one had been cut own several yards up the road. So I'm giving you all a chance to grab some very pretty cherry wood. I wish I had taken a picture of the grain before I coated it with Anchorseal, but I couldn't wait. I already have enough cherry to last me through next year (A co-worker gave me a huge tree several weeks ago).

So as my Uncle used to say, "Don't' say I never give you nuttin'!"

Now go snag some Cherry before it's all gone!

Good luck!
    Dominic Greco

Is this on the bypass? I'm looking at a map and having trouble finding the "spot" you are refering to.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Is this on the bypass? I'm looking at a map and having trouble finding the "spot" you are refering to.
    Dont waste your time Jim.

I took the Dodge out there and got the rest. Just heading back. :-) jk

Ah man all you guys out in PA drive me nuts. You make it sound like cherry trees grow like weeds... Shoot I just ran over a tumble weed I guess I will say nice score

-Michael
    (In the middle of the Sonoran Desert)
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Yeah Jim, it's the Bypass I'm talking about. Better get your butt out there!

Actually, I was trying to email you last night before I posted this. But I didn't have your email address at home (Now I do). It wasn't until I logged off for the night that I realized I could PM you here at SMC!

See ya,
    Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Greco
    Yeah Jim, it's the Bypass I'm talking about. Better get your butt out there!
    I'll check it out...appears to be in the vicinity of Shir Ami. Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully something will still be there by the time I can make my way down that way. It's a busy week for work all of a sudden...go figure.
    --

Did you get some?

Jim,
    I drove by tonight and noticed that most of the one large cherry tree was gone. Was that your work?

There was still some of the smaller cherry tree left. Who knows? I might stop by and snag a bit more tomorrow.

See ya,
    Dominic Greco

Unfortunately, I was on conference calls all day long, including some unexpected ones and couldn't get down that way. Darn "real job" strikes again!

I'll try to scoot down there tomorrow at lunch and see if anything is left.
    --

I started to say you lucky guys, but luck had nothing to do with it just good planning, good eyes, and hard work.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Finally got to grab a couple of nice hunks over lunch today...would have grabbed more, but had to get back to the house/office for a call and I didn't have a team with me to help lift the very big pieces. There is also some maple available, although it will require a saw to break it down.
    --