Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many Beers?

How many Beers?

Please tell me I aint the only one.

After a long day of work your buddies stop by on a Friday afternoon with a 24-pack of ( Whatever you like?) Corona's and then after 3 or 4 beers(maybe more) they want you to cut something for them. What do you do?
    How many beers does it take to not jump on a machine ?

For some reason after a couple things dont look too straight.

thanks amigos,

Zeeeeero

My rule is none before or during, but maybe a few after.
    Last edited by Gary Breckenridge; 04-09-2008 at 2:20 AM.

Loaded?

Man, thats a loaded question if your loaded! Don't do it!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ron McAllister; 04-09-2008 at 2:19 AM. Reason: PS

Arturo-
    I hope you are joking....

Woodworking and booze don't mix.

-TH

Hah! I Drink A Lot

Before, during, and after. The difference is there’s no alcohol in the beer I’m drinking. I all but quit drinking several years ago in my mid thirties but still like the taste of beer so now I drink non-alcoholic beer. Coors Non-Alcoholic and Kaliber are my favorites now. I cant stand O’Doul’s I may have one or two gin and tonics a year or a real beer every once in a great-great while but that’s about it.

Terry

sometimes its tempting

especially when youve only begun your first drink and you only have a little something to do, but, like the other guys, i aint going to turn on a power tool if ive had a drop.

however, i will pick up a hand plane and make a few shavings after ive had a drink. I wont pick up a chisel though.

ciao,

dan
    Building my own Legos!

I agree with everyone here. Why take the chance?

This reminds me of the hunting trips I used to get invited to join. Nights filled with beer drinking, followed by everybody going out in a field at daybreak with guns in their hand, walking side by side, shooting at the first bird that would come up and fly God knows where!!

They always sounded like a disaster just waiting for the opportune time. Never went, glad I didn't, and cannot understand why anyone thought they were fun times.

Guns and alcohol don't mix, and neither do tools, cars, etc. About the only thing that goes with a drink is good company and a TV! Alcohol is a depressant. It effects the central nervous system, which, beyond the taste, is why people consume. It "relaxes." I need all of my fingers, and don't need to be running my tablesaw with a "relaxed" brain.

Blog Entries
    Arturo
    Honestly...in the past, I used to have a two beer limit. I'm getting older and probably wiser although it was probably the fact that my granddaughter came downstairs (16 yrs. old) and said that she was worried when I was drinking while doing woodworking. Must be that the young can teach the old a thing or two. Now...before or during...zero.

No beer till the shop day is over... i had some buddies that would drink while in the shop, but i was very against it. no booze and power tools!!!

Nick
    "there is no such thing as a mistake in woodworking, only opportunities to re-assess the design"

Even with a fully stocked bar fridge, pride of place, I don't touch a beer until finished playing for the day. Although a couple while cleaning helps

The only tools I touch in my shop with a beer in hand:

1. Broom

2. Shop Vac

3. Pencil

But it is nice ( my fridge keeps the coldest beer in town ) to sit back and look at the mess I made !!!

In general I don't, but I also know my limits and stick to them. I never drink more than 2-3 beers in a sitting anyway, because I know I can handle that many (spaced out, too, I don't guzzle my beer). If I know I'm going out to the shop, I won't start before I do, but if something comes up that requires tool use after I've had a couple, I do what needs to be done. If several guys are together working on someone's house or whatever, we may put back a few while we're working, too, but again, I know my limits.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

I don't drink beer, so it's wouldn't be a problem.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I am kinda of appalled, cause when I was drinkin,

one of these was good enough for me.

Per
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence